Reel West Coast

Just watched today’s episode. Fishing entrance island in Nanaimo.

I think Brendan and Jason did a good job of getting the public fishery and the MSF message out . Kudos to them for doing so .
Just watched as well. Agree in particular Jason's comment about clipping all the hatchery fish.

Yup good one. Was the full episode of the clip I put up on the Nanaimo fishing thread.

We wouldn't have to buy the machines. We could just rent them from the hatcheries in the USA maybe during the times they are not in use down there.

We wouldn't have to buy the machines. We could just rent them from the hatcheries in the USA maybe during the times they are not in use down there.
One thing I’ve learned is by the time you rent something 4-5 times it usually costs less to buy one.

For something that is as economically important to that region of the province as salmon fishing is you would think your provincial government would be tripping over themselves to help and invest in more than a couple of these machines. How many millions do the provincial coffers pull in from this resource.

I've seen one of the WA trailers in action, quite the piece of kit with all the optical sensing devices to size and orientate each fish before the clip itself. The hardware is one thing, but the R&D behind it is another. I would suspect the true cost is well north of a million per. Not like they're banging them out in some Guangzhou factory.

Back