Red Hot - Customized 17.5 Campion for Sale

I did Salmon King it is way nicer then the electric panther steer. Mine cost less then 15 bucks as I salvaged most of the parts. Saw the Red hot in the members boat thread and thought that's the best solution I've seen for steering a mid sized fish boat from the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I should have patented this idea and could have bought the 19 Arima brand new from the royalties!!! lol

Glad I could inspire some of you.

I'm going to miss Red Hot. It's an eye and fish catcher. A lot more comfortable to fish from than my boat and I wish it were in my driveway, but alas I'm tapped out at 16'. Hope she stays in the Victoria area.

Still there. As said, if someone does not care for the kicker or sounder etc I could strip off parts and sell much cheaper.

The boat comes with the L shape Scotty mounts that rest on the gunnel and screw into the Scotty side mounts. Just bring your riggers and plug them in. They are not in the pics though as I always take them off with the riggers when parked. The riggers sit kind of half way between roof post and stern. You can kind of see the riggers mounted in the 2nd picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great boat and overall package for those looking. Way better then the bare boats that are found on craigslist with questionable maintenance history that will cost four thousand to outfit with a kicker and accessories.

Also one of the rare post that follows the forum rules, lots of people posting boats they don't own.

It'll sell as the boat shows start and people realize it is at least a 25k package new.

Red Hot is sold to a happy new owner from the Cow Valley. And a SFBC forum member. Glad it went into good hands and hope to see some big fish pictures here with her in the background. Good luck and stay in touch. Will miss Red Hot!

Nice boat I saw it in the members boat thread. And liked the extended steering so much that I made a similar one for my own boat. It works well too single hand the boat. Thanks for the great idea. :)

This is one of the coolest mods I've ever seen!
What do you use to connect the shaft to the helm?

I don't know how it's done in the Red hot. But when I made mine I used a socket that fit the nut in the middle of the steering wheel then I welded 2 pins too the socket and drilled 2 interference fit holes in the steering wheel for the pins too fit in so I ended up with a 1/2 drive square in the middle of the wheel. Even reinstalled the plastic cover with a hole cut in it so just the the end of the socket is visible. I used a length electrical conduit pipe for the extended steering shaft and welded a 1/2 drive universal joint from a socket set too the helm end of it. So the steering shaft just snaps into the middle of the steering wheel now. The dowel pins I added too the socket at the wheel keep the nut from unthreading. It works well. Sorry no pictures the boat is a snow bank right now.

I was on the hook last Sunday and saw this boat running by me in the slop. Very impressive as the Trophy following him had a hard time keeping up.

I was on the hook last Sunday and saw this boat running by me in the slop. Very impressive as the Trophy following him had a hard time keeping up.

Barrie, there are two simple explanations for what you saw: 1) a Trophy is no match for a German engineered Campion, 2) the boat operators are in different classes! Cheers!

LOLOL:p

Here it comes this racing thing years on the autobahn...You better play nice your boat less right now... get that thing in the driveway and get at it....Port Hardy is calling.

Back