Recovered from the depths of Comox marina

Cuba Libre

A truck licence plate , first 4 numbers 2988. with a NON-EXPIRY sticker on it. Identify the last two numbers and I will return it. If not, it goes back to the Govt Agent next week.

BTW-- never saw a "non-expiry" sticker before. Whats that all about??

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

After reading this post I was heading down Douglas St following a Sysco Foods truck and noticed a non expiry sticker..... guess I just never noticed them before..... wonder if I can get one for my work truck...lol.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
fish.gif

Same as any thing else except I do not have to remember which vehicle is up for renewal. It is just a given until I call to cancel. Very helpful in that I don't have to waste time going in to renew.

Not just for commerial as my boat trailer has a non expery decal on it also.

quote:Originally posted by highflyn

Not just for commerial as my boat trailer has a non expery decal on it also.
Mine too.I bought my trailer from a marina who used it only as their yard trailer.The only way for me to liscence and insure it was with the non expirey decal.
Dave

Non-expiry is for commercial or business ues only. Guides can get them for their company trucks and tailers. They do expire every year just like anyone elses plates. They are ment to help with cars and trailers and so on that are not always accessible to put new stickers on.

Had to ask, as just bought another year for my trailer this morning.

quote:Originally posted by fishassassin123

Non-expiry is for commercial or business ues only. Guides can get them for their company trucks and tailers. They do expire every year just like anyone elses plates. They are ment to help with cars and trailers and so on that are not always accessible to put new stickers on.

Had to ask, as just bought another year for my trailer this morning.

After reading this post I decided to call my own insurance agent to get the lowdown on Non Expirey Decals.
Although my trailer has a non expirey decal(for pleasure use only) because the agent in West Van who did the transfer was told by the ICBC helpline that it was the ONLY way to liscence my trailer,they were wrong.
It is an acceptable method and I could have kept the Commercial Plate,
however,my agent was able to fix things up,give me a standard trailer plate and get me a refund from ICBC for $29.00.They did this for me about 15 minutes ago
The bottom line is that you can use a commercial plate with a non expirey decal but it is just going to cost you more money.It didn't make any sense for me to keep the commercial plate.Now my plate actually fits where it's supposed to go.
Dave

Back