Recipes for BBQ OR Oven cooked salmon (not smoked salmon)

jeffywestcoast

Been trying to figure out some different tasty ways to cook salmon, So far my favorite is just plain old clubhouse brand cajun marinade.. but today i picked up some cattleboys sweetchilli BBQ and also basil and garlic marinade.. i am by no means a chef but i have made a couple tasty salmon dinners ..would love to hear what you have to say folks as i know alot of you SFBC members have some serious talent in the kitchen... here is a little shot of my last bbq cajun spring salmon and spinach salad.:)IMG_2316.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2316[1].jpg
    IMG_2316[1].jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 496
Thanks Fishtank.. kinda tricky with salmon steaks as they want to fall apart, the soy,brown sugar garlic and ginger sounds awesome also !

It's my go to recipe douse salmon with soy rub in sugar with finger gently sprinkle with chopped garlic or ginger or both, whala throw in oven or BBQ

okay okay i know variety is the spice of life..But DAMN.. somebody please try this clubhouse brand cajun and tell me it is not incredible... was pissin rain here so i opted for the oven tonight..giver a try folks im sold i absolutely love this stuff!, this was some of the 10lb white spring i caught in the derby :)IMG_2481[1].jpgIMG_2482[1].jpg

for 4 buck i would go back n get the liquid try em both and compare, never tried the powder on fish, but it is excellent on chicken.

Slap some store bought Tandoori sauce on and bake slow in a parchment bag for something different and easy.

with sockeye fillets or FRESH spring fillets on the bbq, i have a very simple and tasty one...

Rice Road teriyaki sauce with sesame from costco (best teriyaki sauce/marinade going IMO).

let er marinade for 6 hours pre-BBQ and you got it made! its nice and thick so stays coated - doesnt compare to any other teriyaki.

Cool man thanks for the tip, my salmon stocks are depleted now but once i get back out and bag a couple i will giver a go.

Have not found the Clubhouse Cajun seafood marinade here in the Comox Valley. Anyone else find it locally? Where are you getting yours jeffy? Thanks.;) eman

Last edited by a moderator:
It was liquid at 236ml for 4.69 I belive . Club House seafood marinade Cajun It was right in front of the seafood display case. I can pick you up some if you cannot find it. Cheers

Eman i found it here in Nanaimo at save on food, clubhouse brand.. the best.. keep looking bud it is new to the market so maybe just hasn't reached there yet, i also have found it a Quality foods in Nanaimo.

Back