Rec closure for halibut............

Blaaaah Blaaah Blaaaaah

Give it a rest your guys, go PM each other and stop wasting space on the computer.......

No hali for me this year, and was only checked twice by the creel gals all year. Usually they are getting me at Port Alice, Port Hardy and Port McNeill just about every time....

So not sure how they are coming up with the numbers, but I bet it is a combo of creel stuff, overflights and number of boats seen.....and mixed together, shaken, not stirred, and out come a perfect number for them to settle on.

Looks like I might be out one more time for hali's

Cheers

SS

Dont post nonsense on a public forum and expect to get way with it. Just admit you lied and move on.

Lorne

RRRAAAAGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE .

By the way in your orginal post "thank you to fish assasis" I am 98% sure you said you were having fish and chips from that hali. THats why i called you out on it when you said you released it. So i searched to fnd the original bs thread and it was gone. wierd....

do a little more research before u go calling someone out...geez

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...Fisher-Deeds-and-Fish-Assasin-for-learning-me

grow up already and stay on topic

Hey Lorne. I didn't lie, and I don't give a **** what you think. All I was thanking FA for was a bit of knowledge about some local areas here which added to what I do know. I also have a few others who've shared some spots, but fishing doesn't change. Just what's working, and where they fish are holding.

I would be lost without some of the people I've met, and learned from most of you. Thank you all actually.
Nothing quite like netting your first fish in a boat you could call your own!

From your other thread.

Pretty simple concept, and no, I did not say I was eating fish and chips from that Hali but thanks!. Rage?

Sorry my bad, you are correct you did not say that.[

No not really but seriously you, and a couple others can go **** yourselves, for even assuming. What because you can't hit some big fish everyone's a liar?. Whatever you figure buddy. No love lost. I don't know you, and you don't know me. Like I said I'll just back it all up with a camera from now on because of the pricks out there like you.
but i thought you had pics?

I really don't care what you say or think, but to me you're just an asshole for making assumptions. Who the **** cares. Photos from now on.

But i thought you had them

I never came here to argue with anyone. Only to share info, and tips, reports. I really just don't care what you think, but I'll be damned if you will make me look like an idiot by assuming I bullshitted anything. **** you buddy. Done with this and people who **** talk others like little hen women in a kitchen.

Don't worry I won't post any "reports" without photos again. I'm sure photos speak 1000 words anyhows. Funny how each of my reports was right though hey? I said Browns, 2 pages of confirmation followed..

i am sure not a single person would have fished browns without your report. the entire ECVI is thankful. Browns bay is not very well known, so thanks.

When I said the hump, lots were netted within a few days. Think what you want.
See above. it is similar

That's about all. I'm not going to highjack this thread any further.

This will be my last post regarding this topic. And unlike you i wont swear or name call or any of that. You are compulsive. You talked to Chris on the wharf, nope that wasnt me, same story different guy. I have a 24 foot vessel all summer, i just bought a 17 foot welded. and now the released hali just put me over the top sorry..

And i have no problem saying anything to anyones face for the record, the problem is we will probably never run into each other because you only fish in the places of big fish and i do not. But i do hope you know who you just told to go **** himself incase we do.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...Fisher-Deeds-and-Fish-Assasin-for-learning-me

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be my last post regarding this topic. And unlike you i wont swear or name call or any of that. You are compulsive. You talked to Chris on the wharf, nope that wasnt me, same story different guy. I have a 24 foot vessel all summer, i just bought a 17 foot welded. and now the released hali just put me over the top sorry..

And i have no problem saying anything to anyones face for the record, the problem is we will probably never run into each other because you only fish in the places of big fish and i do not. But i do hope you know who you just told to go **** himself incase we do.

Lorne. I met Chris on the pier wayyyyy back, and not the time he mentioned, but yes I met Chris twice. It was not me he was talking to that day. I met Chris quite a while before I had access to, or even my own boat. Yes I have access to a 24 foot boat, and yes I just bought a welded alum. Is that too now a problem? How do you suppose I've had so much time on the water?. I suppose now it's a bad thing for people to own their own boats too. If you feel you intimidate me, well you don't. I really just don't care what you think, or what you have to say. You seem to think you know everything about everyone. It's "your" circle, nothing I want to be a part of. I don't roll like that bud. I too am quite sure we will never meet, because I don't assume anything about anyone, and I just don't care. For me this argument is over. There's nothing to even argue. I caught some fish, and you and a few others don't believe it, so that's simply not my problem. When someone who doesn't know me, makes a personal attack my way by assumption, well I suppose I was quite justified to be angry. Was and is it worth it? Probably not. I have far bigger things in life to worry about right now, but Lorne, since you started this, I honestly was pretty justified to say what I did, as would you if the roles were reversed.
Either way doesn't matter.. I've too much in life to deal with right now health wise, and this isn't one of them. The funny thing is, if the feet were on the other shoes, and you posted that you caught some fish, I wouldn't say BS. I'd be asking where you caught them.
Some of us aren't eternal pessimist. With that said, I apologize for the momentary lapse in sanity, but I never expected to come here and be called a liar for following people's advice on what depths, where, and what to use, and actually have it work. I guess it was just sheer luck this season, but I don't know. Maybe it's just the amount of time I've put in. You don't know me, you don't know how often I fish, you really don't know anything at all, but you come out accusing someone of something simply because you do not believe what was given to you as fact?. I don't even know what to say man.

As for the photos you reference above my words were "I'll see what I can do." I have no idea if my friend has them, but I think he has some. He is in camp as a gas well tester and I have no idea when he gets back. He works north most of the time. That's about all I can give you on that until I can confirm whether he has photos on his camera.

You're free to think what you want, but in doing so you're wrong.
It's just a waste of my time and energy at this point to argue further. I've put three really nice fish in the boat, and a few teens, and lots of undersized. 2 good coho, which both went back, and a bunch of pinks, as well as the one surprise hali that went back due to size. The three springs that were good happened to be really nice. Is that boatloads of fish? No, but those were the reports I gave. We're talking many many trips to get that. Is that so unbelievable?. I didn't know I was also required to post "****" trips where I came up empty handed or nearly. There was many trips like that also.

I give up on this argument Lorne.
With that said, I too withdraw myself from this conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I have stopped laughing, I can type...Sep 5th happens to coincide with the end of tourist/lodge/guide season...essentially.

In all seriousness, here is the fishing food chain in our province top to bottom.

Jim Pattison
First Nations
Commies
Owners of multiple resorts
Single resort owners
Guides
Tourists
Tax paying citizens with a fishing licence

Now that I have stopped laughing, I can type...Sep 5th happens to coincide with the end of tourist/lodge/guide season...essentially.

In all seriousness, here is the fishing food chain in our province top to bottom.

Jim Pattison
First Nations
Commies
Owners of multiple resorts
Single resort owners
Guides
Tourists
Tax paying citizens with a fishing licence

That about sums it up right there.

2OR.jpg

Well I have been busy working like an insane man, so I have had my head down for a while, and well did we just see a real ***** show or what. If you boys need to get that personal, you need to get a room or something;).

On the topic of this thread,

I Fawking knew this was going to happen!!!! What a Pain in the butt!!!!!

I have been out to WCVI on 5 specific trips this year to target Hali, 3 of those trips we have been blown off the water because of the crappy weather we had this past "winter" oh I meant "Spring/Summer". Out of those 5 trips we have caught NO HALIBUT! (well dad did catch one at south bank, it was about 10" long - just a baby trying to eat a jumbo herring - yes it was sent back to grow:p)

Even Shittier is that I don't know if I will even get another chance in the next two weeks to get out there to try again before the closure. In fact as I think about it, I am pretty sure that it would be a miracle if I could get out there one more time before Sept 5:mad:!

Truly PO'ed.

4 halibut for 3 of us out of maybe 10 trips this year! Was there any truth that there were some commercial guys laying sets in JDF earlier this year? I was told that they needed special permission ie. special license conditions. Someone please edumacate me in this area. Do you suppose they are lumping us all together? I mean its easier to catch your limit in the Charlottes or around Rupert than it is to do here. Typical blanket management strategy by DFO. Its cheap and easy, just like our right hon. minister.

When it comes to Halli allocations and Natives rights over Sport fishers who put more into the economy the DFO is PATHETIC !

Reverse discrimination all the way.

HT

Back