RCMP opps

I stand by what I said before. I will be happy to take your $20. I know a thing or 2 about motor vehicle accident investigations. Without getting into specifics, it was obviously a very slow speed incident that was very apparent at the time. Don’t care who it was, they knew of the incident as it unfolded. Think I might treat myself to a wobbly pop on your $20. Thanks, I will enjoy it.
Hahaha. You missed it was a joke? Or take it personally? Maybe drop a boat off on the hiway today? Lol. Whatever, I’m a man of my word , I’ll pay when you post up something other than “they knew” because you say so. I’ve seen a lot of “they knew” in my time and in reality they didnt.

got his operators card .......online and his cousin took his driving test for him/her?
hope they get a ticket for unsafe load at the least .......

I stand by what I said before. I will be happy to take your $20. I know a thing or 2 about motor vehicle accident investigations. Without getting into specifics, it was obviously a very slow speed incident that was very apparent at the time. Don’t care who it was, they knew of the incident as it unfolded. Think I might treat myself to a wobbly pop on your $20. Thanks, I will enjoy it.
“very slow speed “ wouldn’t have tipped it out of the cradle that a trailer creates
I know enough about physics to know that it takes more than “very slow speed.”
If that was the case a **** load of boats would be at every corner ! Tipped on their side

Is it possible they clipped the curb with the inside trailer wheels and it caused the boat to roll over? Might not take a lot of speed.
Anything is “possible”
1 Boat trailers are not tippy department of transportation would not allow inherently unsafe vehicles
2 there are a ton of trailers on the road with boats on them and at a minimum if boat was strapped on there should be a trailer attached to the bottom of the boat or the dot has to visit the breaking strength of said straps because as I stated earlier would be boats at every intersection and highway comer as “very slow” only occurs at the driveway when leaving home and getting home in between is a ****show
We have all seen the driving habits out there
And with the lack of credible enforcement it has only gotten worse over time

Anything is “possible”
1 Boat trailers are not tippy department of transportation would not allow inherently unsafe vehicles
2 there are a ton of trailers on the road with boats on them and at a minimum if boat was strapped on there should be a trailer attached to the bottom of the boat or the dot has to visit the breaking strength of said straps because as I stated earlier would be boats at every intersection and highway comer as “very slow” only occurs at the driveway when leaving home and getting home in between is a ****show
We have all seen the driving habits out there
And with the lack of credible enforcement it has only gotten worse over time
Ever driven to ukee lots of sharp corners taken a lot higher than speed limit but I’ve not seen any boats leaving trailers on my several trips ( not saying it hasn’t happened for the guy who has ) just that “very slow” is and would have boats everywhere off the trailer and on their sides
Phhhh I drive a logging truck with a lot higher centre of gravity than a boat !!! And I’ve never rolled a trailer and most that do were speeding !!! And the ones that weren’t speeding had major malfunction of a mechanical nature

Is it possible they clipped the curb with the inside trailer wheels and it caused the boat to roll over? Might not take a lot of speed.
Happened right in front of Petersen, they ran the light coming from the airport going north bound on hwy. High speed corner.

I get that some one screwed up, but when the media intensionally doesn't mention that it was a DFO boat and picts conceal any markings of such, then to hear that they ran the light and dumped it in the corner.... makes me mad.

So the fish cops screwed up. To address their failures how are they going to punish me?

Banning all 2-5/16 balls might not prevent this in the future..... But we need to try....

Safety chains didn't hold it? I've had my ball disconnect once 15 years ago, The two safety chains held it perfectly fine. The boat was not as heavy but the stress on those chains isn't overwhelming. Caused minor scratch on my old Suburban bumper but hardly did anything.

Safety chains didn't hold it? I've had my ball disconnect once 15 years ago, The two safety chains held it perfectly fine. The boat was not as heavy but the stress on those chains isn't overwhelming. Caused minor scratch on my old Suburban bumper but hardly did anything.
Had nothing to do with the ball that’s just guys joking around
They are saying In The news link “straps failed “ and it rolled off
well there is a safety chain on that system too that should have been done up !
But my guess is it’s just a convenient lie

In Vernon we had a rcmp member fall out of a brand new boat they were testing out the other officers were on shore and he went out by himself to drive the boat onto the trailer before he did he went out and did a couple high speed turns and fell over board and drowned It was speculated that alcohol was involved
But the official story was he accidentally fell
And gets his own Memorial Day every year
And a training week for school kids named after him
Good example for society !

Last edited:
Back