RCMP opps

Ah........ they (DFO) hit the fence at Gold River launch last year and almost tore off the gate. Sounds like some remedial training on the horizon.

Looks like Fisheries forgot to strap their brand new boat down. Ran the light at Jubilee and the Hwy turning north bound and lost her!

Attachments

• View recent photos.jpeg
    View recent photos.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 08AF6DB1-4A3C-4E93-88CD-ED9057F23C46.jpeg
    08AF6DB1-4A3C-4E93-88CD-ED9057F23C46.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 8C5563A0-1F3D-4C4F-AF14-1215A78BA0BC.jpeg
    8C5563A0-1F3D-4C4F-AF14-1215A78BA0BC.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 188
Hopefully looses their job !
No excuses for not following the rules of the road and securing their boat

Most DFO cant even operate a fishing rod, not much practicality anymore. Everyone is book smart today. Anyway, sucks to see this!!

I just drove by that and a crane was on site, they had the sling straps on it. The boat was upright on the ground sitting on tires.

$20 says they didn’t even know it was gone til they got to where they were going.

Last edited:
Looks like Fisheries forgot to strap their brand new boat down. Ran the light at Jubilee and the Hwy turning north bound and lost her!
I was at Rocky Point last year at dead low tide waiting to launch when Canadian Border Services pulled up with a similar sized RHIB. I spoke to the head honcho just as they were dipping it in the water, and he had no clue that ramps had an "end" you had to watch out for. So they landed up going to the pub for a couple hours for the tide to come in.....their delayed launch was still high-value entertainment. :rolleyes:

I’ll be happy to take your $20. Will send you my email address so you can send it via EMT. It was obviously a very slow speed incident that was very apparent at the time.
I wouldn’t be too quick to say that. If they weren’t on the ball enough to catch the no straps and winch hook they very easily could’ve missed it falling off the trailer. It is dfo we’re talking about after all.

I wouldn’t be too quick to say that. If they weren’t on the ball enough to catch the no straps and winch hook they very easily could’ve missed it falling off the trailer. It is dfo we’re talking about after all.
I stand by what I said before. I will be happy to take your $20. I know a thing or 2 about motor vehicle accident investigations. Without getting into specifics, it was obviously a very slow speed incident that was very apparent at the time. Don’t care who it was, they knew of the incident as it unfolded. Think I might treat myself to a wobbly pop on your $20. Thanks, I will enjoy it.

So, they were fastidious to put the little red flagging tape on the props so nobody would walk into them and get a boo-boo, or run into them - but they forgot the very obvious straps instead? HMMM... sounds like whatever else this crew from DFO/RCMP was (C&P?) - they have very little experience in trailering boats.

On numerous other threads multiple posters mentioned the ties between experience and learning from mistakes. Guess this f*ckup is a hard-earned, expensive (for the taxpayers) and a publicly embarrassing experience of a learner for this team in DFO/RCMP.

Last edited:
Back