rash of thefts from Boats Delta Surrey

GoGreen

Lock up your daughters and your gear and boats- there is a rash of thefts in delta/surrey going on. Several people have been hit recently outboard motors and riggers. Thought i would alert everyone.
a couple of scotty 1106 one Serial number is 19011. floating around.

another buddy missing a mercury marine 2 stoke longshaft kicker/electric start with panther tr1 steering assembly still attached
Serial number OD070972

another buddy missing yamaha 9.9 with panther steering assembly

2 of us got hit last nite several miles from each other,the other a week ago. so it would appear they have a hit list i guess.
Anyway watch out for stolen gear and equipment and lockup what you can. Rigggers were locked on with 3 locks each and they still got em.

I sure hope someone catches these b@st@rds red handed and lays a good beating on them before calling the cops
Somehow I think Mr. Ed will survive this and come out of it just fine
In the meantime Rich you know where outaline's tied up, help yourself till I get back
Tim

thanks guys i will research those security systems. i guess the nite of the big blow is when the goblins come out. cant hear them. A couple of years ago on the nite of a big windstorm and power outage we had a similar incident only my son saw them at the boat.
PS: response from the police is no interest they have better things to do- they only want to know where it occurred so they can enter it in their stats.

lol-a little slow this morning on the security systems- they would work very well but i may be forced to give up fishing after using them.

Last edited by a moderator:
one thing i did with my scottys was remove the thumb screws replaced with allen cap head bolts and used a 5-1/2" bolt through the main as they usually dont come off my boat
be good if you could get a long shear bolt but then its awkward for anyone then....lol

Lost my brand new yami 9.9 to some fools. Only used it twice too. Police were not of any help unless I could give them a detailed description of the fools. Hmmmmm.... Handy. Insurance covered but only to the amount I paid, unfortunately when you buy the motor with the boat and you get a deal it doesn't translate to the claim.....Bummer.
Now I've welded the nuts on the thru bolts for it. Hopefully they don't have a cordless angle grinder.

The bastards have cordless tools, don't kid yourself. Im welding my bracket bolts and kicker bolts this weekend. Scares me though because I have heard of them sawzalling out transoms and taking the bracket with the kicker bolted to it!

Get double or triple McGaurd bolts----even with a grinder it will take the fookers time---the more time it takes, the more pissed they get and hopefully they'll leave to go get lower hanging fruit (from your buddy's boat---you know, the one that doesn't have multiple McGaurd bolts on his kicker...)

A major pox on all their houses!!!

The Sooke Marina's were hit a week ago with electronics targeted.

I know the resort and Jock's both got hit. Charter boats were targeted.

Not all charter boats Just guys with good equipment Also the boats that were for sale at Van Isle Marina at the log sort were targeted and also 2 reel charters lost his spare kicker from his shop
Some crack head probably got $ 50 worth of drugs for each of 7 chartplotters/gps's worth a total of about $15K and in all cases at the 2 marinas they left all the downriggers and rods Maybe they are coming back for them I now refuse to leave any thing on the boat and have engraved my new chartplotter as well as installing an alarm on the opening doors maybe some from the hotel might notice

Not all charter boats Just guys with good equipment Also the boats that were for sale at Van Isle Marina at the log sort were targeted and also 2 reel charters lost his spare kicker from his shop
Some crack head probably got $ 50 worth of drugs for each of 7 chartplotters/gps's worth a total of about $15K and in all cases at the 2 marinas they left all the downriggers and rods Maybe they are coming back for them I now refuse to leave any thing on the boat and have engraved my new chartplotter as well as installing an alarm on the opening doors maybe some from the hotel might notice

It'd be nice to have a low cost GPS tracker to install on valuable items. For the new boat I'm hoping to get, I plan on installing a GPS tracking system so I always know where it is. Hide it somewhere in the boat.

It'd be nice to have a low cost GPS tracker to install on valuable items. For the new boat I'm hoping to get, I plan on installing a GPS tracking system so I always know where it is. Hide it somewhere in the boat.

I was just talking to someone about that last night. Well your at sneak a few transmitters down to the wharf and put them on a few guide boats you will know their secret spots and speeds in no time :)

I had a chat with an older fella a number of years ago and he had an ingenious idea for an audible alarm on his boat.
Simple idea that works....something else for Fisher-dude to play with?
Everyone has a battery on there boat....buy a cheap car horn and install it somewhere out of the way..run wires to battery with a pull plug on it like on a breakway hitch...run a clear fishing line to anything you want to protect....most things get taken a nite so visibility is not a real issue.....loud horn usually makes any thief run...hope this may help someone in the future?

items stolen here are going to Vancouver Island and vice versa

I have my boat protected as it won't start...just crank over with the oil alarm blaring if you don't follow the proper procedure.

items stolen here are going to Vancouver Island and vice versa

Oh yeah, chances are they already have buyers for this stuff....and they just picked what they had sold.

Back