Ram Ipad Mount installed

abbyfireguy

Well, finally got the Ram mount installed for my Ipad. I'm going to use a simple waterproof zip bag to keep any water off the unit.
I have the navionics app and a Bad Elf GPS plug in.
The picture isn't the greatest(excuse the messy helm station). The Ipad also swivels to the vertical position which I will use most for space saving .
Not as much space as some of you guys have in your fancy cruise ships,but this should work well and be a definite improvement over the Garmin handheld map/ plotter.
The old eyes just can't see the tiny screen anymore!! LOL
I am very impressed with how sturdy these Ram mounts are,no wiggle when tightened up.

Attachments

• ram mount.jpg
    ram mount.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you pick up the Ram mount at?

I have the Bad Elf GPS module which needs to stay plugged into my Ipad which has no internal GPS (ipad 2). A Lifeproof box won't allow that,plus it's too expensive for me.
My helm never gets wet even when I bury the nose in a green roller so the HD soft zipper bag will work well.
If I was using this in an open boat or had an uncovered helm I would use something totally waterproof,but my existing electronics never get wet or damp.
We will see how it works in a couple of weeks up at Bamfield . Hopefully you guys leave a few fish for us!!

I have a Griffin case i think u can get them at london drugs now for about $60 has plugs for all the hole like headphone camera and charger. Ive left it on my tailgate in pouring rain for bout 20 mins and it was completely dry inside, but you can just remove the plug for your bad elf.

I just bought a RAM mount from GPS city to hold ipad life proof case as have lowrance network go wireless setup and going to use ipad for rear steering consul i think 40 bucks its a swivel mount

Back