Ralph river ??

Fishless

the warden wants me to take her to Ralph river camping,,,,,,any info on fishing the river ? I've heard the lake has great fishing,but I prefer the river.
Thanx

I like the camp ground its a nice place, not many sites are on the lake. Lots of nice walking trails near by. I think the river is closed to fishing check the regs. You can see the big ones under the bridge on the road to the mine, I have done ok on the lake out from the camp ground but you need a boat. Have a good time.

I like the camp ground its a nice place, not many sites are on the lake. Lots of nice walking trails near by. I think the river is closed to fishing check the regs. You can see the big ones under the bridge on the road to the mine, I have done ok on the lake out from the camp ground but you need a boat. Have a good time.
Thanx tom mac,I'm hoping the river is open,will check !

Tributaries of Buttle Lake are fly fishing only. Thelwood Creek at the South End is closed. Elk River on Upper Campbell Lake is usually good in June, loaded with spawning RB's and a few decent cutties. Bead head nymphs and egg patterns or try dries.

Last edited:
Tributaries of Buttle Lake are fly fishing only. Thelwood Creek at the South End is closed. Elk River on Campbell River is usually good in June, loaded with spawning RB's and a few decent cutties. Bead head nynphs and egg patterns or try drys.
Thanx for the tips eroyd,,have decided to go for the cutties in Ralph river,.
I'm thinking a #8 Mickey fin should generate some interest

Ralph River won't be much of a river in a few weeks. I booked a few days in August. Not worried about the fishing. It's a nice campsite and a good base for hiking some Strathcona trails.

the warden wants me to take her to Ralph river camping,,,,,,any info on fishing the river ? I've heard the lake has great fishing,but I prefer the river.
Thanx
I am a little late but this is a great campground overall. The fishing is best for rainbow from mid/end of may until end of June depending on how fast it warms up, the river drops like a stone when the melt is done and there is no rain.

There is also opportunities for some dollys and large cutties especially early in my experience. It is fly only. Another option would be camping at buttle lake and driving to the elk it is very similar but larger with more water the problem on Ralph river is there is only a few productive spots because it is not very long.

Such a beautiful spot.

Attachments

• 2516098A-2136-4EA5-A7D2-46C67F05A0EF.jpeg
    2516098A-2136-4EA5-A7D2-46C67F05A0EF.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 129
Back