BC_Angler

I'm looking for recommendations of places to build an anodized aluminum radar arch for my 18' 2" Thunder Jet
With rod, net holders, radar bracket and light mounts. Preferably in the Okanagan area.

Thanks.

Attachments

• RPUX5185.JPG
    RPUX5185.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 17
I'm looking for recommendations of places to build an anodized aluminum radar arch for my 18' 2" Thunder Jet
With rod, net holders, radar bracket and light mounts. Preferably in the Okanagan area.

Thanks.
Get ahold of ClintR on here.

I have contacted Clint R and he mentioned he's currently only equipped for working on 1.25" tube. I have a soft top and require a full wrap around with 2" tubing to avoid flexing issues.
Not sure why my last message never came through but could try Bolton stainless out of Armstrong. It’s where I learned to weld and they may have someone doing custom work. They’re off and on depending if they’ve got a guy with any talent working at the moment. They may even have an arch in a box leftover from old stock. Been 7 years since I was there though so don’t take it as gospel.

Thanks, I can give them a shout. Seems like an aluminum welder with knowledge of marine applications may be a rare commodity in the interior.

I know your looking for local but I found going local way too spendy for me (Washington) I went with https://www.fishonsports.com/ radar arch and they were awesome to deal with- even during covid managed to crank out my order in a couple months, keeping me updated on the order. Quality was great and about 40-50 days on the water without any hiccups. I really enjoy being able to have it “hinged” so I can tuck it away in the garage during the winter.

I know your looking for local but I found going local way too spendy for me (Washington) I went with https://www.fishonsports.com/ radar arch and they were awesome to deal with- even during covid managed to crank out my order in a couple months, keeping me updated on the order. Quality was great and about 40-50 days on the water without any hiccups. I really enjoy being able to have it “hinged” so I can tuck it away in the garage during the winter.
What were shipping/customs costs like to bring into Canada from Ohio?

I just looked at their site. Lots to choose from and they look like good quality.

I bought a fishon arch during covid. Believe it was around 150 bucks to ship and 200 for duty. About 2400 bucks all in. I'm sure they have gone up a bit. Its been good. Have to check that the screws are tight from time to time.

What were shipping/customs costs like to bring into Canada from Ohio?
Something to consider is there's a few shipping places just south of the border, I've used "Ship Happens" in Sumas. I know there's one across the line from Osoyoos. Shipping in the lower 48 is usually way cheaper, you drive down, pick it up and deal with customs yourself. They usually just want GST, if it's convenient for you it can be well worth it. $350 shipping and duty doesn't sound too horrible though.

Something to consider is there's a few shipping places just south of the border, I've used "Ship Happens" in Sumas. I know there's one across the line from Osoyoos. Shipping in the lower 48 is usually way cheaper, you drive down, pick it up and deal with customs yourself. They usually just want GST, if it's convenient for you it can be well worth it. $350 shipping and duty doesn't sound too horrible though.

Exactly, what I was going to suggest.

We use Mailboxes International in Blaine and in 15 years of mail and parcel service including an ownership change there has never been a problem.

We have our own P.O. Box

Recently my wife bought a painting from a friend in the US (it was 5 x 3) - they handled it in their commercial shipping/receiving warehouse.

That's a good idea, we're close to Osoyoos and they ship free in the lower 48. I used to deal with a company named Bettas in Oroville at one time, it has since changed hands and is still there there I believe. I remember the receive rates were quite reasonable.

fish on is the cheaper option but lesser quality and finish. Atlantic arches are nicer but more spendy

I went with Who Dat Towers in Washington, they customize it however you want, radar pad,light brackets, net/rod holders etc. they use 2” anodized aluminum, I had them put a ski rope holder on as well to take the kids tubing. Going on 6 years now, no issues, a little pricey, but high quality.

Back