Question! what stocks will the Area F tollers be fishing for this year?

wildmanyeah

Crew Member
I don't no the area f trollers area all that well, What stocks will they be fishing this year?

https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=223439&ID=all

"As part of the conservation measures to address Fraser River Chinook, the
salmon licence Area F individual transferable quota (ITQ) Chinook troll fishery
will be delayed until August 20. See FN0650 for a summary of coast-wide
management measures for Fraser Chinook. "

They won't be.
By that time of year all the double licensed boats (Area F & G) have returned from the North to fish the August Area G fishery.
A few local boats will stay and try to work coho, but the springs by then are way more than scant.
The stocks have simply wandered by then.

What the Department has done is knowingly killed off that fleet.
Period. Endo.

Nog

Thanks that's kinda what I thought...I thought most of the migratory stocks have gone by before that time...So i was left thinking feeders? Even a lot of ECVI and WCVI stocks would have mostly passed by.

Hammering feeders seems a bit like robbing perter to pay Paul. unless of course you only fish for feeders every year. then it is what it is.

I tried to look when is prime time for the lodges up their and August 20 seems to be near the tail end of the season alltho i did see one report of a 60 pounder being caught then.

what a gong show of a year

I was at Hippa end of August 3 years ago. Plenty of Springs 18-30+; not easy limits but limits with time to get Coho & bottom fish.

As for the late opening seems like somebody(s) thinks we need far fewer commercial trollers. WA/Oregon fish are caught up there & many of these fish don't hit the rivers before Oct.

Back