Queen Charlottes - Info

S

Sea Wolf

I am pulling my boat up to Masset and staying July 7 - Aug 17.
Any information on the fishing - tackle lures bait etc would be appreciated. I have a cabin booked and my boat is rigged for Sooke - Pedder Bay - Barkley Sound fishing. Hali, Salmon and Cod. Any local information would be appreciated. My boat is a 23' C-Dory.

Sea Wolf

I fished once off the northwest side of QCI two summers back, had an awesome time! 5 fish in the charterboat only within 3 hours....3 halibuts, 2 big springs on early June of 2007. Halibuts were caught on bait. 2 halibuts were mine down in 200+feet. Two springs were caught on artificial hardware lures by two guests. Before my fishing trip, I visited Massets...very pretty place with the inlet inside and outside that had long sandy beaches. Watch out for tonnes of deers runnin' across the road. Have fun and good luck fishing.

Same items that you use for springs down here work great up there as well just troll a bit slower. If you want bigger fish cut back on speed and flashers and run large whole herring and shollow. Most big fish get picked of up there in very shallow waters 50 feet and above. Bring also some huge plugs. I use those in Aug when the billion pinks and coho show up to keep there numbers down and increase chinook action.

Back