Qualicum river

Can someone please tell me what fishing conditions are like on the river currently? I am planning on driving from Victoria early next week to give it a try. Thanks!

Good on the big Q.Haven't been there in a while,but always been good .On the left before you cross the bridge check out the trout pool at the bridge to the hatchery ,at one time you could feed them with pellets from a machine.Give yourself enough time to make it to the waterfall,the view is worth the couple hour walk.

the little Q is high and dirty, water yesterday was just below the bank by the highway bridge, with the rain we had last night it will be even higher.

The big Q is controlled so I imagine water levels remain fairly consistant. Just watch for the guys cleaning the screens at the fence. I think they get a kick out of sending a wad of leaves and branches down into the flossing hole. (who wouldn't?)

I hope you're not one of them damn telemarkers :)

LOL, that was indeed well played...BTW, closest thing I get to telemark skis is my Soul 7 Pow ski's....oops, guess that makes me an elitist. Darn....busted.

I hope you're not one of them damn telemarkers :)
Guilty as charged :)
As of Friday there was more water than Coho in the Big Q. They are definitely spilling water upstream - Wading across stream at the usual places was definitely life threatening, if not impossible! Of course none of the upstream gates were open; except for the one feeding the viewing room:)

Hey guys anyone been out lately or has all this rain washed the river out. I'm home for a couple days haven't been able to fish much this fall. Any pointers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of fast moving water in the big Q as you can see from the pictures below, which were taken yesterday. It's fishable, but the water is really dirty, and sections above the hatchery are blown out.
20141029_154045.jpg20141029_154026.jpg

Attachments

• 20141029_130304.jpg
    20141029_130304.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 361
Back