PURCHASING FLIES FOR TROUT AND STEELHEAD AT BELOW WHOLESALE COST

Sharphooks

I receiverd an unsolicited email from a woman in Kenya ....single mother with 3 kids.....professional fly tyer....was I interested in trout and steelhead flies...etc etc.

I spent a few months in Kenya in my youth so via several emails, I got her talking about Kenya just to confirm she hadn’t sent the email from a coffee shop in Nigeria

Short-story: I decided to take a chance on her and sent $ 50 via Paypal. If I never saw the flies, well, so much for my faith in humanity

But they did show up in the mail Like she said they would.........This is what I received: generally, pretty good quality though the hardware of the steelhead flies is below parr——she claimed supply issues due to C-19 and promised Tiemco and real Waddingtons going forward...I believe her

The trout flies are good solid ties.——R. Coachmen, Tom Thumb, Muddler MInnows

If anyone’s interested, reply by PM and I’m happy to share her contact information.

CC5AEB16-3BB4-45C3-AE6F-E868FCAF0597.jpeg

How would she have known to email you?

Off topic, this reminds me of the scene in Flight of the Conchords when Murray sends money to a Nigerian Businessman.

I never asked her how she tracked me down....not sure if they harvest email addresses from online companies that sell fly fishing gear? ...I used to buy piles of stuff from internet fishing suppliers (back when there were actual fishing opportunities for guys like me) so my email address is out there

I‘m also aware that Nigerians have insinuated themsleves into the Kenyan fly-tying community....so maybe I got lucky...this gal’s uncle is well-established and a large legit fly supplier so that gave me a bit more of a comfort level...

How would she have known to email you?

Off topic, this reminds me of the scene in Flight of the Conchords when Murray sends money to a Nigerian Businessman.

That was a funny show, I wish it had gone on longer.

Back