Protest/Rally outside Vancouver DFO Office July 6th 12 to 1:30 PM

I would rather go after the source of the problem and lies with the MCC caucus. That was the root of the problem this year. Time to push back. We keep skirting this issue, and not wanting to address it.

What about the fact that there is still a quotafor herring in the Goergia Strait? If salmon and whales are a concern then why is there a quota of 22,000 tons (roughly) every year - the very food that is the building block for these species. My tin foil hat tells me that this mass is being fed to the fish farms as demand is quite low in Japan apparently. Wouldn't that be a good issue for the public to get behing? This is a very large number....and seems like something that the public can easily understand and get behind.

Just listened. Great work making a complex issue digestible to the average listener. I think that the most difficult aspect facing us is the sheer complexity of the issue. It becomes incredibly easy for DFO just to spin things to the general public in their favour i.e - the DFO is protecting the salmon, helping the SKRW, and supporting FN reconciliation when in reality they aren't accomplishing any of the 3.

Back