Proline boat

Fishinnut

Does anyone or know of anyone that has a Proline boat? I have a Trophy and am looking into upgrading possibly a Proline. They look like they have really big fishwells, something newer fiberglass fishing boats are losing. I am not impressed with hardly any of the new fishing boats. I am 95% fishing offshore for huge fish. I am wanting feedback on them. They look like an awesome machine.

Proline makes an *ok* boat. Great if you use it once in while, but they are light for their size. Light=Bumpy, however, depending on where you fish, this may not be an issue. Depending on how old the thing is, get it surveyd by someone who is good with boats with a molded in liner (As in you don't get a good look at the structure, fuel tank, and what they are doing down there). Having wrecked a few "modern" boats (Including having to re-stringer a Campion 215 Fishing Machine), my list of things to look for would be:

Deck riveted or bolted on (Rivets with a bolt every few feet are ok)

Transom Cap not leaking (The aluminium thing thing that goes over the hull to deck seam in the motor well). I have seen lots of 'em that are screwed in with, yep, you got it, NO SEALER.

Deck not squishey. If it has canvas snaps drilled into any part of the deck that has plywood cores, sooner or later water gets in there, and you have a problem.

If you are looking at a nice, new Proline, it seems that most new sportfishing boats are ramping up the quality ALMOST as fast as the prices, but on a used one, lookout. (I would have a Grady if I owned a fuel dock!)

Back