Prawning Sannich Inlet Video

Hi Guys,

Just launched my youtube channel. If you get a chance please watch for the full 10 minutes and subscribe, I'd really appreciate it. Feel free to comment on the post or give it a thumbs up or thumbs down, as I always say all press is good press.

Thanks appreciate it.
I fish Port Hardy every summer, but have yet to find a prawning spot.. and never have seen any traps out ... anybody have intel ?

They likely get him pretty hard by commercial in may and June. If you try late august you might have some luck and see more traps out?
I am usually there mid July til mid August and have never seen a trap. Locals say you have to go to the other side, but you would think....

The video quality is really good, Kael. The voice-over sounds like it’s in real time and not a canned studio sound.

A bit more footage from a distance of the overall boat would have been nice to see, just to get a sense of the room you have with the number of people that were on board.

I am usually there mid July til mid August and have never seen a trap. Locals say you have to go to the other side, but you would think....
There’s a reason Locals say that… current flows far too fast in any water deep enough for prawns on the inside. Goletas and Gordon Channel regularly have more than 2kts of tidal flow.

The Inlets out of coal harbour on the other hand are absolutely loaded.
If you run into the inlets on the central coast you’d probably have some luck. But that’s a long way from the fishing grounds… Probably best to do a day or 2 on the west coast. Pick a good day and run out to Brooks. Loaded with bottom fish. drop traps in quatsino on way out…

The video quality is really good, Kael. The voice-over sounds like it’s in real time and not a canned studio sound.

A bit more footage from a distance of the overall boat would have been nice to see, just to get a sense of the room you have with the number of people that were on board.
Thanks for trying to learn how to film and fish simultaneously. Definitely want to explore drone shots and have been eyeing up buying one but dropping my other gopro in 130 feet of water set my budget back! The nicest thing about our boat is anchoring up and enjoying the sunset. Which would be awesome for a catch and cook onboard as the sun sets in the broken group!

There’s a reason Locals say that… current flows far too fast in any water deep enough for prawns on the inside. Goletas and Gordon Channel regularly have more than 2kts of tidal flow.

The Inlets out of coal harbour on the other hand are absolutely loaded.
If you run into the inlets on the central coast you’d probably have some luck. But that’s a long way from the fishing grounds… Probably best to do a day or 2 on the west coast. Pick a good day and run out to Brooks. Loaded with bottom fish. drop traps in quatsino on way out…
..im curious where "Brooks" is? it it near the entrance to Quatsino sound near winter harbour? I just bought a shack up there and trying to figure out the lay of the land so to speak.

Back