Prawn Traps

BAUER

Recently I have been told that there was one person upset about the trap that I build.
So I looked at this forum and saw:

Any other owners finding their SS hog rings are rusting and breaking?

I love my Bauer traps but they are now a year old and almost every time I use them I find broken rings somewhere on my boat. I know they have a warranty for 10 years I think, but there's no way I will be driving to Sidney to have them repaired.

My traps are washed after every use and stored under cover after my really short and sad season.

These are real Bauer Traps as they were bought dirrect.

What should I do? Buy extra rings and the tool to replace the broken, missing and rusty ones.

I had a look at the pictures you posted, and found a simple solution to it. It is not rust on the rings, they just tarnish after a while.
Hot soapy water and a soft brush will clean up any grime, stains or dirt on the trap,
and if you want the rings to be really shiny, you can use some tooth paste and brush, they polish up nicely.

If you have a broken or missing ring, just give me a call, and I'll drive up to see you. No need to get all uptight about a hog ring. I'll crimp a new ring or two on for you. And if you would like I'll return your money in full.
I appreciate constructive feed back, I.m open to suggestions from everyone.
Thank You,
Bruno Bauer

Bruno Bauer

Last edited by a moderator:
This goes for anyone

If you have any issue with my traps,
Please call me.
Bruno Bauer
250 896 5518

The only issue is, I hear you may no longer be making traps, any word if your friend is going to take over production? I like my Bauer traps.

I talked with Bruno the other day and he said a family member will be building them but he will still be somewhat involved. The quality will still be there.

I like my Bauers, I use both the prawn and crab traps.
I have had them now going on 4 years, never get rinsed and still as good as the day I bought them.
only issue I see arise all the time with mine is I have to throw too many crabs back:p

I like my Bauers, I use both the prawn and crab traps.
I have had them now going on 4 years, never get rinsed and still as good as the day I bought them.
only issue I see arise all the time with mine is I have to throw too many crabs back:p

You just gotta get some more fishing buddies to go with you to remedy that situation. Easy fix, and just get them to buy the beer.

Back