prawn traps

I bought 2600 prawn traps from China for commercial fisherman. The net on the traps is to small for commercial use so they will only work for recreational frishermen they cost me $45 to bring them here from China will sell them for $55 each or over 10 for $50 these are SS stacking traps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,301
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,302
That's an expensive mistake, hope you sell them all
good luck

Curious. If I net is too small for commercial what makes it good for recreational? Not trying to be sarcastic or rude just not familiar with prawn traps.

This guys full of bs. The traps however do catch prawns nicely. I bought some from him last year for the same price, he was selling them from craigslist adds so not sure why the commercial bs story is needed.

I bought 2600 prawn traps from China for commercial fisherman. The net on the traps is to small for commercial use so they will only work for recreational frishermen they cost me $45 to bring them here from China will sell them for $55 each or over 10 for $50 these are SS stacking traps

Are they made out of 316?

I have been sellin on craiglist and just about anywhere,like I said I have 2600 and have sold some to retailers for $55 and they where selling them at $89.I'm selling these at a great price for a very nice trap.these traps are way better than what is available in the retail market place.Steely dan not sure why you think I'm full of bs because I sold on craiglist my miss fourtune in your gain.
Thanks Steve

I have been sellin on craiglist and just about anywhere,like I said I have 2600 and have sold some to retailers for $55 and they where selling them at $89.I'm selling these at a great price for a very nice trap.these traps are way better than what is available in the retail market place.Steely dan not sure why you think I'm full of bs because I sold on craiglist my miss fourtune in your gain.
Thanks Steve

I work with fisheries, you are correct the mesh size is a requirement for commercial.

Kaelc...I looked in your reference link but did not see the actual mesh requirement...not that it matters, but I was curious.

Inplumsdeep....

What is the mesh size on these pots?
Down here in the lower 48 we need to have 7/8" min.
But to be sure I don't break the rulles I prefer to use 1"mesh.
I'm definitely in the market for several new pots.
Pm me if you prefer...

Yup, I did not find the regulations when I looked and with boat loaded and forecast of the winds dropping in the morning I leave it to the next googler. I'd be interested in seeing the fisheries act and regs, and a link to an interpretation manual. Laws writing by lawyers to regulate fishermen could make for reading that would help me sleep.

Happy prawning

32" i think. I'll vouch for these traps, they catch a lot of prawns. Equal to my ladners.

i have a couple lines of these traps I bought. They are decent, SS and do fish well, however they are not the same quality as a commercial trap. I think the SS on these are a touch thinner, the traps are a little lighter overall. That being said they cost less so i think if you want to save some money they are a good option.

Thanks Steve
so your traps are powder coated , if so how in the hell are they the best on retail or something , ide much rather have my good old ladners

so your traps are powder coated , if so how in the hell are they the best on retail or something , ide much rather have my good old ladners

theyre stainless. good looking traps, the extra frame ring on the bottom adds some weight down low helps em stay on the bottom.

theyre stainless. good looking traps, the extra frame ring on the bottom adds some weight down low helps em stay on the bottom.

Back