Prawn Traps Stuck on Bottom

If you haven’t already, perhaps post the rough location and I think someone on here will DM you and be happy to help with either a stronger davit puller or a bigger boat to pull off a cleat. Ghost gear and lost line really sucks, so don’t cut it just yet. Worst case, report it to the DFO report line and request a call back to see if they will be in the area with their big coastal patrol boat with winch that can for sure retrieve at least the line. They want to prevent ghost gear as much as anybody else.

Hi All

I have a couple prawn traps that are stuck on the bottom. I think I made the mistake of using to much sinking line and through a couple of tide changes the rope has wrapped around something on the bottom. I couldn’t pull them in, even tried pulling with the boat and no luck.

Any other strategies to try and recover my gear? Otherwise I am thinking I will just pull in as much line as possible and literally cut my losses.
Post where it’s at and maybe a member with a bigger boat will be in the area to give it a tug. Your phone number will be on the float.

Back