power pro 200 on downrigger

H

Humpy

I just orderd, 500yds of power pro 200#, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how they rig it on their downriggers. I have always used cable on mine and attached it to a swivel and then to 6ft of nylon cord, then to the bungee, and clipped to the nylon cord, Thank you in advance Humpy

Hey Humpy, if you check the search engine on this site you will finds tons of stuff on the topic. Good luck, I think you will be very happy with the PowerPro. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Hey Humpy, if you check the search engine on this site you will finds tons of stuff on the topic. Good luck, I think you will be very happy with the PowerPro. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Just a tip, when you load it on your downrigger be sure and put it on as tight as you can. If you put it on too loose it will cut into the spool the 1st time you try and drop the ball. Each time I load it on I put it on as tight as possible. Then, the 1st time out with new line I carefully drop the ball 200-250 feet and then bring it back up. Once it's on tight it's awesome stuff. You'll love it.

Slabby

DSCN4812-2-1.jpg

Just a tip, when you load it on your downrigger be sure and put it on as tight as you can. If you put it on too loose it will cut into the spool the 1st time you try and drop the ball. Each time I load it on I put it on as tight as possible. Then, the 1st time out with new line I carefully drop the ball 200-250 feet and then bring it back up. Once it's on tight it's awesome stuff. You'll love it.

Slabby

DSCN4812-2-1.jpg

It's great using the swivel as your stopper bead, never have to worry
about it sliding up and knocking off your release clip.

It's great using the swivel as your stopper bead, never have to worry
about it sliding up and knocking off your release clip.

It fishes way better than cable, good to see you switch over from the dark side. One other tip is if you want your cannon ball to stop each time at exactly the same spot, instead of using those red stoppers tie in a swivel. The swivel works exactly the same as a stopper, but never moves or breaks. How I rig mine is I simply run the power pro to my stainless swivel, then tie in gangyon cord from there to your clip for the cannon ball. The gangyon cord will have to be long enough to get the cannon ball to stop exactly where you want it. I stopped using bungie cords when the cost of coated balls got to $40 each.

It fishes way better than cable, good to see you switch over from the dark side. One other tip is if you want your cannon ball to stop each time at exactly the same spot, instead of using those red stoppers tie in a swivel. The swivel works exactly the same as a stopper, but never moves or breaks. How I rig mine is I simply run the power pro to my stainless swivel, then tie in gangyon cord from there to your clip for the cannon ball. The gangyon cord will have to be long enough to get the cannon ball to stop exactly where you want it. I stopped using bungie cords when the cost of coated balls got to $40 each.

Some great information on braided line! I'm sold. So could someone give me heads up as to where I can find Powerpro 150 in the Courtenay area? I am also unsure what this gangyon line is some of you are using between the s.s swivel and the cannon ball[?]

a couple people have ask where I got mine......johnnyspond.com 500yds power pro 200# 94$ US plus shipping

no need for the black box as there's no more wire to conduct
electricity.

"green cotton line" Is that the same as cutty hunk?

never heard that one...

Ganglion is not Cuttyhunk (as I know it).

Ganglion is black tarred and maybe it's made from Cotton I dunno.

What I call Cuttyhunk is green Cotton (and sometimes Linen or Hemp in olden days)

kidphotors6.jpg

Back