Powell River

Dan The Man

Im heading up to powell river on sunday. I will be staying in Lund. My question is there any salmon running through that area right now?? Ive personally never fished up there so any pointers is a bonus, i have access to a 16 tin boat with riggers.

thanks daniel

Hey Daniel,

Fishing in our area is a little spotty at the moment. We've been catching a few on the flats just in front of Lund harbour in the morning and evening. You can troll 60-70' to stay on top of the few higher lumps. We've also caught a few over by Mace Point in the last little while around 180'. Lot's of folks fish the iron mines wall just to the south out of Lund (I've never done well there but lot's of other folks have). A little further a field Baker Pass between Hernando and Cortes is a good spot to try during the day or Lewis Channel between Cortes and West Redonda is also a good spot. Get down right by the bottom in both of those places.

It's a little early for fishing Grants Reef or Sarah Point yet as those are usually summer spots but if nothing else is working I'd suggest the norther and southern ends of Grants on the outside (Vancouver Island side) of the reef in 120-180.

Make sure you know where all the RCA are in the area there are a LOT of them.

Bring your raincoat :) Good luck!!!

Fished the Iron Mines and Grants Reef in the morning. Couple of hits at Grants and lost one to a seal. Still pretty slow going, although did see some nice patches of bait.

Back