Portable induction cook top

I have a one burner Salton from Costco (I think).
I've used it for team trips in hotels, pots of soup or chili at potluck type affairs, camping if there is power, and at home for boiling maple syrup outside, and it was a lifesaver during the kitchen renovation.
Cast iron, enameled steel, and stainless pans work. Aluminum and stainless with aluminum bottoms do not.
No complaints in about 10 years of use.
Top temp is 465*F. Quick to heat up.

We take a portable Salton as well, from Home Hardware that we use when Glamping. We cook outside on nice days or under the canopy. Works great, but only works on pans with magnetic bottoms. It is not as fast as our range induction cooktop but still works great. If I was to do it again I would get one with two burners if only so we don't have to go back and forth into the RV to check on the gas stove:)

For those informed on these things ... anyway a single portable would run on 12 volt? My set up is (in series) 2 deep cell marine 12 volt batteries and one cranking battery ... typical for sailboats. Thanks

We take a portable Salton as well, from Home Hardware that we use when Glamping. We cook outside on nice days or under the canopy. Works great, but only works on pans with magnetic bottoms. It is not as fast as our range induction cooktop but still works great. If I was to do it again I would get one with two burners if only so we don't have to go back and forth into the RV to check on the gas stove:)
One burner is going to be 1200W-1500W - the max for one 120V/15A circuit. Anything more than that and you'll trip the circuit breaker.
You'd be better off to buy a second individual element cooktop and plug it into the next available circuit so you can have two running at the same time on separate circuits and circuit breakers.

For those informed on these things ... anyway a single portable would run on 12 volt? My set up is (in series) 2 deep cell marine 12 volt batteries and one cranking battery ... typical for sailboats. Thanks
You could probably run it for 15-20 minutes before killing your batteries.

you'd need an inverter. then it will depend on the output power of the inverter. my cooktop draws 1800W on max setting but i can set it anywhere between 200 and 1800W. lower power setting will just cook slower.

Back