Port Sidney Derby

It had something to do with BC Ferries path.:D
I had just left that spot and bang he nailed it.:(

Rod's fish is a great story His dad past away in Sept and while out fishing decided to go into the cabin and pull out his dads lucky rod,which in turn he caught the lunker on.

Oh ya forgot to mention it would have been his dads birthday as well.
Good story,Rod had a tear in his eye all night or it could have been crown since we polished off a few bottles after he caught the big slug

Rod's also the first one to qualify for the times colonist king fisherman contest in reny sept12-13th

Rod's fish is a great story His dad past away in Sept and while out fishing decided to go into the cabin and pull out his dads lucky rod,which in turn he caught the lunker on.

Oh ya forgot to mention it would have been his dads birthday as well.
Good story,Rod had a tear in his eye all night or it could have been crown since we polished off a few bottles after he caught the big slug

Rod's also the first one to qualify for the times colonist king fisherman contest in reny sept12-13th

Same old derby 10% of the fishermen get 90% of the fish.there were only 25 on the second day.Before the derby was good and Sunday i had a charter and got 7 fish in 5 hours,so there is definatly fish there.

Same old derby 10% of the fishermen get 90% of the fish.there were only 25 on the second day.Before the derby was good and Sunday i had a charter and got 7 fish in 5 hours,so there is definatly fish there.

Is is bait time then?

Does my winter fishing technique of scouring the bottom in 150 feet of water with spoons and hootchies need to be revised now? Maybe start shallowing it up a bit?

We were out off the waterfront for a few hours and didn't get a sniff...

Cheers

Likwit

Is is bait time then?

Does my winter fishing technique of scouring the bottom in 150 feet of water with spoons and hootchies need to be revised now? Maybe start shallowing it up a bit?

We were out off the waterfront for a few hours and didn't get a sniff...

Cheers

Likwit

thanks for the info, LastChance.

i've never fished oak bay / haro before? should i still be targeting deeper water? 150 feet +? or should i be fishing closer in to some structure?

i guess the answer is probably it really is all about the bait...

Back