Port Hardy / Winter Harbour / North Island Report - Spring and Summer 2011

Great report and photos Spring. Those are some fine looking fish and crabs for sure.

I have to admit it has been a very good start for the boat (crew changes from time to time with various experience levels)-the fishing has not been hot, I attribute it more to watching the public forecast, marine weather and Swell watch and then when everything is good- we go. It isn't infallible but on both trips we were able to stay out all day at least on one day and could fish off-shore when we got there. Putting the time in and knowing the area seems to be the ticket this year for us!!! Oh and I make hefty donations and prayers to the fish God not to mention Gone Fishin, PNT and Anchovies .LOL

BURP!!!
IMGP2204.jpg

Great fishing report and pictures spring fever. Glad to see that you had a safe trip. Really like that crab trap! Did you come through Campbell river on alder st. on your way home monday?

I don't see tails attached :D lol good to see you had strong last day.

Yep-- and no skin attached to the bottomfish either because the pic was taken in my driveway just before we packaged them!! But it sure shows why I love Port Hardy. Work at it and there is always SOMETHING to chase out on the water. Life is GOOD!!!

Yep-- and no skin attached to the bottomfish either because the pic was taken in my driveway just before we packaged them!! But it sure shows why I love Port Hardy. Work at it and there is always SOMETHING to chase out on the water. Life is GOOD!!!

Good answer! :)

Good day few days ago, limit of Chinooks and 70, 100, 150lb halibut. Weather is getting UGLY right now though... :( Wind loves this place, well it did in 2010

FishingJune27th-SeanDaveAaron025.jpg

Nice fish and photos guys! Glad you had a safe and productive trip. Keep the photos coming.

Great fishing report and pictures spring fever. Glad to see that you had a safe trip. Really like that crab trap! Did you come through Campbell river on alder st. on your way home monday?
Seems stupid but I don't know where Alder st is. Came down the hiway from port hardy by river sports and then straight across and onto the "new Island hiway" to comox. That was last Monday around 11 am When are you getting out?

Like Spring Fever said.......... your clients must have been very pleased! Those Springs weren't too shabby either.......................

SS

heading to WH in the morning anyone else going to be there? hoping to use some plugs?? been there several times now never used the plugs any input??

I have had some luck with plugs off-shore but seem to do better with large spoons or anchovy on the cliffe point shore

Back