Port Hardy Fishing

A

abcyahoo

Anybody have any information on halibut fishing out of Port Hardy. I've heard about Pine Island but also that the run up there can be a bit shaky depending on the winds/tides. Anything closer in to Duval Island?

Be careful near Christie Pass as there are Rockfish Conservation areas all around there where no fishing is allowed at all.

Near Echo Rock produces quite a few hali's. Pine is most consistant...but if you can't run up there, you can't. This past summer we had great weather up there and had no problems with winds, not once blown off the water, but we are running a 31fter. Even so, there was probably about only 1 or 2 days where it was too rough for a 20-22fter. Not sure about in your 19fter though, but you can run up to Pine in the morning no prob and be back around 10-11am before it starts to blow up as it does almost every afternoon.

Good luck!

David

Anyone have any information on parking a truck and boat trailer for the week in Port Hardy. We've been told to go to Petro-Can and get parking there but you can't reserve any spots and I've heard they fill up. Would be a shame to get all the way to Port Hardy, and not be able to keep the boat in the water (Duval Lodge) because there wasn't anyplace to leave the rig. Thanks.

Anyone have any information on parking a truck and boat trailer for the week in Port Hardy. We've been told to go to Petro-Can and get parking there but you can't reserve any spots and I've heard they fill up. Would be a shame to get all the way to Port Hardy, and not be able to keep the boat in the water (Duval Lodge) because there wasn't anyplace to leave the rig. Thanks.

If you're using Duval Point give Tom a call and ask about boat storage @ Bear Bay.

That's where guest cars are parked maybe there's room for your trailer.

Back