Port Alberni Sockeye Opens May 1st, 4/day.

Sockeye season is now open in Alberni canal. Guess everyone is getting their daily limits.

I know its early and i dont know fish run times up there are you being sarcastic? lol Im trying to get my buddy who fishes there to put his boat in the water. He didnt even believe it was open and said no one was out there yesterday.

I know its early and i dont know fish run times up there are you being sarcastic? lol Im trying to get my buddy who fishes there to put his boat in the water. He didnt even believe it was open and said no one was out there yesterday.

It's usually pretty slow until mid June and then lookout!!!
Dave

And guess what - no fish farms in Alberni Inlet!

Used to be one in the canal but it's been gone for a number of years now. Sure don't miss it! By the way Alex, heard you at the BCWF AGM in Courtenay. Best presentation of the week!
Dave

Nothing beats having unrestricted access to a non-existent fishery. I think DOF are developing a game where everyone can have access to virtual fish. LOL. Look to seeing this wonderful fishery close to recreational fishing as soon as the Sockeye begin to move in, probably toward the end of June or early July. To some extent Pt. Alberni and DOF have conspired to perpetrate a fraud.

Nothing beats having unrestricted access to a non-existent fishery. I think DOF are developing a game where everyone can have access to virtual fish. LOL. Look to seeing this wonderful fishery close to recreational fishing as soon as the Sockeye begin to move in, probably toward the end of June or early July. To some extent Pt. Alberni and DOF have conspired to perpetrate a fraud.

I was shocked how the commies decimated the run in such short order. When we were there it was pathetic to see a few boats brining in these 3lb fish by the creek and cheer.lol The people of Port Albernie are the ones that could fix this if they wanted.

Back