Polarized glasses

X4. Broke mine 2 years ago at the bridge on the nose and thought that they were done. On the off chance something could be done, I took them with me to Maui last year. Took them in to their store in Lahinia and told them what happened and asked if they could be fixed and was surprised that the girl said she would see. Told her I was in no rush and that if they could be fixed they could just send them to me at home. She came back and said that they could be fixed and to come back in 20 minutes. Couldn't believe it. Came back later that afternoon and sure enough they were fixed and they also fixed the scratch in the lens and all at no charge. Told me if there was ever a problem to call her and then send them in to be repaired.

Maui make great glasses, and I like them a lot. However, they are expensive. If you go for Maui's be sure to get a pair with full frames. There are many goo brands out there. My favourite, longest lasting are Costa Del Mar Wave Killers, probably because I chose a skookum full frame model.
Save your eyes - wear polarized glasses on the water!
Stosh

Maui's aren't cheap but they are quality and last a long time so long as you aren't to rough on them. I think the pair I bave now are 4-5 years old.

Maui's are the best for clarity and no fog. Try them and you'll never go back. Buy a neck strap so you don,t lose them overboard in a "scramble". As far as reading electronics while under way, I like my $70-Sunclouds with the little magnifying lens built in. Suncloud clarity is the ***** but the little magnifying insert is the ticket for reading a screeen.

Last edited:
here is a tip if you have a tee top or hard top / pilot house mount your mfd screens up top
one cleared my dash so i can see more in front of the bow
and if there the up high then you'll see them if if someone is steering....and they will be more in the shade

IMG_20170304_112004.jpg

costco still sells the jims,,, maybe not called a sale but 1/2 price than regular retailers for the same product.

Most lcd screens are polarized at 90 degrees. So generally you should be able to see them with the glasses on unless you are looking at them sideways.

My polarized Oaklies are awesome unless I am looking through glass, then they show all the stresses in the glass

Serengeti's
I have always been susceptible to bright sun, so I wear them all the time. Even the way the weather has been this year if the sun filters through on a dull day.

Back