Plugs for ECVI.....

Seafever

If you could only fish 5 plugs between now and the end of August on ECVI.....(not WCVI)....

What color,size and brand would they be?

Color chart should be Tomic,as they have many to choose from, 1 -tubby 5" green eyed monster, 2 -5"louie t203, 3 -4" lil buck louie t602, 4 -tubby 5" t50, 5 -4" t602 .

If you could only fish 5 plugs between now and the end of August on ECVI.....(not WCVI)....

What color,size and brand would they be?

Tubby Tomicss

5"

500 uv ii
530g or 168g

A few others but these before anything else.

Have been using 4 " tubbys with good results, regular 4'' and 5'', don't usually use anything over 5"

700, 407 (killers!)
602 ps, 232, 408

Thanks for info.....

You guys pull the pins ? Cut ring off? Tie to nose bar? Leave ring on?

No modifications. If the ring is on, I leave it on. troll fast. I do not pull pins.

To start, run your plug as is right out the pack. Look at the "smile pattern" on the bottom of the plug created by the hook scratching the plug as it swims. Is it centered? If not, try to adjust your knot so you get the plug swimming "true". If you still aren't getting hook ups then I would go and modify your plug. If it came with a brass ring, cut that off and attach your line to the pin. See how it swims, fish it for a while. If after that you're still not getting hooked up, pull the pin!

Sometimes these little alterations can make a difference.

Here's a nice little YouTube clip on plugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEtIGPLgOcM

Back