Please Delete

StampR

...Ok let's try again, was told I needed a long shaft kicker by a marine shop as my transom length is 17.25", so if anyone has a good 2 strole kicking around LMK, anywhere from Nanaimo to Campbell River

Last edited:
Whoa...memories. We had one of those. Put a Honda 15 on it. The boat was HEAVY and the Honda was too much. Good choice to stick with a lighter 2-stroke.

Whoa...memories. We had one of those. Put a Honda 15 on it. The boat was HEAVY and the Honda was too much. Good choice to stick with a lighter 2-stroke.

How did you like it, was it stable enough, I am guessing the boat weighs around 200lbs, figure a heavy 4 stroke would compromise the freeboard in the the rear which at best is already a challengingredients in 1 ft swells

How did you like it, was it stable enough, I am guessing the boat weighs around 200lbs, figure a heavy 4 stroke would compromise the freeboard in the the rear which at best is already a challengingredients in 1 ft swells

I was a kid. We had it on davits on swimgrid and it was too heavy for that. Also, it had low freeboard as you point out, and the Honda was too heavy.

I have just about completed my annual winter rebuild project. It’s a 65-lb 1994 eight horsepower, two-stroke, Yamaha long shaft, completely disassembled to the last nut/bolt, cleaned, all holes were re-tapped or rethreaded to original size with Heli-cioils and it was reassembled using 95% Yamaha OEM parts. It’s already had its first run and basic tune, and I’m only waiting for an aftermarket set of decals for the hood. A full set of photos of the rebuild, and a reprint of the Owners Manual will also be available.

I normally sell these motors for the price of the parts I’ve put into them, but this one needed quite a few more replacement parts than I ever expected, so I’m asking for $1200, which is quite a bit less than the cost of the parts I put into this motor...win some, lose some....

I have just about completed my annual winter rebuild project. It’s a 65-lb 1994 eight horsepower, two-stroke, Yamaha long shaft, completely disassembled to the last nut/bolt, cleaned, all holes were re-tapped or rethreaded to original size with Heli-cioils and it was reassembled using 95% Yamaha OEM parts. It’s already had its first run and basic tune, and I’m only waiting for an aftermarket set of decals for the hood. A full set of photos of the rebuild, and a reprint of the Owners Manual will also be available.

I normally sell these motors for the price of the parts I’ve put into them, but this one needed quite a few more replacement parts than I ever expected, so I’m asking for $1200, which is quite a bit less than the cost of the parts I put into this motor...win some, lose some....

Sent you a PM unrelated to this 8hp

Back