Please delete

StampR

Hi everyone
New to the forum, but long time watcher. After being away from ocean fishing for the past 12yrs, I've decided that I really miss it, so have decided to look for a 14ft Double Eagle or something similar in good condition as wrenching is no longer an option at my age, small power would be fine as I mainly intend on fishing the China Creek area and lakes, budget for the right boat would be $5000 max, depending on condition and accessories

Many thanks

Hi everyone
New to the forum, but long time watcher. After being away from ocean fishing for the past 12yrs, I've decided that I really miss it, so have decided to look for a 14ft Double Eagle or something similar in good condition as wrenching is no longer an option at my age, small power would be fine as I mainly intend on fishing the China Creek area and lakes, budget for the right boat would be $5000 max, depending on condition and accessories

Many thanks
None of my business but the 14 DE is crazy small. I realize there is certain weather that you don’t want to be out in regardless of 14-18 feet, so it’s not about size in that regard but just for moving around and storing gear.... I’d go 16. I speak from experience. Big difference. Then you’ve got DE, Houston and k&c etc as options. Probably others too. IMHO..

None of my business but the 14 DE is crazy small. I realize there is certain weather that you don’t want to be out in regardless of 14-18 feet, so it’s not about size in that regard but just for moving around and storing gear.... I’d go 16. I speak from experience. Big difference. Then you’ve got DE, Houston and k&c etc as options. Probably others too. IMHO..

I understand what you're saying but the ss Minnow will only be out for 3hr tours at max, usually by myself,retirement has certain advantages, I always had larger boats, till I downsized to a 13ft Whaler before taking a hiatus,lower cost of operation is my priority at this stage

I agree, a 14' DE is pretty small. Granted tho, very light, easy to launch and tow. If you think the 16' DE is a bit heavy to manage on your own, consider a 16' tinnie?

I agree, a 14' DE is pretty small. Granted tho, very light, easy to launch and tow. If you think the 16' DE is a bit heavy to manage on your own, consider a 16' tinnie?
I've been looking at the Lund ssv but they are out of my budget, not too confident in a wc in the salt by myself, would rather a 13ft Whaler if going that route

Ah yes, my dad had a 13' whaler when I was a kid. Did lots of fishing out of it. Great little boat, very stable, really solid fiberglass construction, really easy beach access over the bow. But in the chop the cathedral hull would pound really hard and you get wet!

Ah yes, my dad had a 13' whaler when I was a kid. Did lots of fishing out of it. Great little boat, very stable, really solid fiberglass construction, really easy beach access over the bow. But in the chop the cathedral hull would pound really hard and you get wet!
...lol..Yep, had to come through the Nahmint channel at 1pm , when I had mine, not by choice but a medical reason, my survival suit weighed twice as much when I got through

Tks kingblazer84, was very interested in the 15ft DE, except it is way over the budget at $7500, it would have been perfect, really appreciate the heads up.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know much on the old Harbercraft 148 Chinooks, I see them come up for about $5-6000, Can't seem to find much info on them, think they were bought over by Kingfisher

I've been looking at the Lund ssv but they are out of my budget, not too confident in a wc in the salt by myself, would rather a 13ft Whaler if going that route

I have a Lund SSV, 14 foot. Don't discount it if you can find a cheaper one in your price range. They're extremely stable for a little boat.

I would fish China Creek in mine, but I'd sure as hell be off the water before the wind comes up. Even in a 14 foot DE or even 16 foot I'd be out of there. I've had more than one wild ride through there.

Living here in Port, I have had more close calls getting swamped in my old 13ft Whaler by large boats blasting up the Somass River to Clutesi than any wild weather at China Creek, that I started launching at the Gov. Warf........
.but definitely will look out for an ssv, they are indeed quite stable

I like to thank everyone for all your suggestions and would like all to know that I am now the proud owner of a 16ft DE, just picked up a bare hull in very good condition, just have to find power for it......tks again for everyone's help and recommendations
Now ask for help finding a motor.

Back