playing very nice

Steelhead S2

sure sucks around here lately. everyone either skunked or scared i guess. me? skunked... sort of. might fish a little in a bit, but haven't strayed far from the bassinet lately. even if you're scared to name the flow, anything to report boys?

at this rate I even miss the bad old days. honestly, a log report just doesn't get the blood flowing like a fish report.

for what it's worth, my bud hooked 7 and landed 5 last weekend. seriously. but i'm not allowed to name the spot. try a pink worm in higher not too coloured water though. :)

ive found lots of success this year getting off the beaten path, trompin salal and prickle bush on the north and west coast VI streams. lots of bushwacking, but lots of quality fishing experiences. i dont mind getting up at 4 and driving for 3 hours as long as there is no other guys on the bank

Youngsteelheader you have it figured out and its nice to see you holding your cards close to your chest, you get it, good job!! Steelhead S2 - I don't get it?? Why would you want to advertise where you catch your steel, do you like waking up at 4am only to have somebody in a spot you wanted to fish....Yes it is cool to share info but the internet and river fishing is brutal at times, everybody wants to be a hero or maybe the next DC. Personally I dont think that freshwater can take the presure like saltwater fishing......
Steelhead are a fragile sportfish and do not need attention drawn to them, let others figure it out for themselves. Seasoned river fisherman do not need to hit the brag board and post #'s but rather they keep it in their circle of buddies. Its bad enough certain tackle stores promote wild rivers to people that have no clue and have never heard of these spots. Not trying to be a dick, just my thoughts.......

Luna, I agree that there is no need to blab about secret spots on the net. But that doesn't mean we can't post fishing reports. We can share our experiences with different techniques, innovations, gear, water and weather conditions, and yes, even pics and numbers, without attracting crowds to special spots. All I am trying to do is breathe some new life into the freshwater section. After the poop storm on here early in the winter season, this page has become super lame. And I don't want to see the bottom feeding trolls win. So I am trying to get a few people posting about freshwater fishing again. Which, by the way, is not limited to steelheading.

And as for praising YS as a technique for criticizing me, I'm not sure how effective it is. If you reread the posts on this thread, YS actually threw up more info that could lead people to secret spots than I did. Certainly not trying to knock YS, as I'm sure he knows. But there is zero evidence of me advertising spots or trying to be a hero. To the contrary. I explicitly refused to identify a spot. Right?

Personally I think a Log report is a million times more important then where,when and how to catch a steelhead.So what if i hit 2 steel on a pink worm at bible camp.Log reports save lives period and thanks to those that keep us informed!Oh ya the cowichan has steelhead right now.

Back