Playa del Carmen

sss

Going to Playa del Carmen in the middle of Feb for a wedding. Bunch of guys want to go deep ocean water fishing, not reef stuff. Fished lots on the west side of Mex but nothing on the east side. Any recommendations for a charter holding 6 guys for a full day.

Thanks SSS

We used Captain Ricks a few years ago. They are out of Puerto Aventuras. Was a blast. Caught a 7' sailfish. Rock music blaring and a cooler full of bevy's. There were 6 of us too.
It can be very rough so take sea sick medication!
https://captricksfishing.com/

Going to Playa del Carmen in the middle of Feb for a wedding. Bunch of guys want to go deep ocean water fishing, not reef stuff. Fished lots on the west side of Mex but nothing on the east side. Any recommendations for a charter holding 6 guys for a full day.

Thanks SSS
I was down there last winter and did a 6 hour trip with a guy named Salatiel Ku Caamal.
We fished from a 25' panga and tried a bit of trolling with no success and then switched to jigging and ended up with 4-5 Amberjacks and a Barracuda.
the first Amberjack I caught was around 40lbs and fought like a Chinook on steroids!
The cost for the two of us was pretty reasonable as I recall. Somewhere around $345 US.
I think we found him on fishbooker under Gardi Crew

Back