Plastic lucky Louis, J plugs vs wooden lucky louis

I wouldnt repaint them until you try them

My very best plug was 5inch wooden pearl pink Lucky Louie that had been chewed on so much that there was hardly any paint left!!! It was still working, I hooked a really nice chinook near Point Defiance, I had it on for about 10 minutes, was just getting it within 50 yards from the boat when it made a good run when a sea lion grabbed the fish and sounded. I played the sea lion until I was spooled, bye-bye Louie!!! Pretty hard to reel in 600# of pinniped! When I would chase it, it would sound when I got close.
I think I'm done fishing valuable plugs when there are seals and sea lions in the vicinity. Also lost a $17 King Slayer that was taken by a dogfish, he cut the line right at the boat! King Slayers are the titanium Coho Killer copies that come with ball bearing swivels to a Trokar hook, and have top-quality paint with epoxy overcoat.

The 6 inch Chinooks are still awesome plugs that still catch fish in the Pool. If you are interested in trading any of those for a tide in the pool let me know ? or if you want to sell....

CRGreg
Hey CRG, I would let one go. I would also let go a few 6 inch pressed wood eyes if there is some interest.

Hey NA: Interested in a pristine vintage British 13ft Spey rod? It's a Bruce and Walker "hand built compound Taper", only weighs 9 oz, will throw a 7 weight line about a mile! 27 inch mint cork handle, eyelets instead of snake guides. Pics on request! Swap for a couple LL. I posted it on classifieds a week or 2 ago, looking to swap for Montague vintage bamboo salmon rod in usable condition.

Hey NA: Interested in a pristine vintage British 13ft Spey rod? It's a Bruce and Walker "hand built compound Taper", only weighs 9 oz, will throw a 7 weight line about a mile! 27 inch mint cork handle, eyelets instead of snake guides. Pics on request! Swap for a couple LL. I posted it on classifieds a week or 2 ago, looking to swap for Montague vintage bamboo salmon rod in usable condition.
Hey Kallitype, I would consider any Vintage tackle made in B.C.

I don't think too much about these things. Had an MRI and X-RAY to diagnose excessive time thinking about fishing. Result follows, as soon as I can figure out how to post my Flickr pic!!

THat's the link to the X-Ray of my Brain, don't know what to enter to make it appear here as a pic.
Thats my avatar. You got the same problem as I do!

Thanks---I must credit you with the image!! I had it floating around on my desktop and could not remember the source. It's a dreaded condition, fishbrain is!!!

It made me a lucky day. I grab couples of plugs. Some of them are brand new and never been in water. They are so pretty cool and they were a good deal.
1 x 6" lucky louie
3 x 5" lucky louie
1 x 7" sea king
And others I dont know.
20200309_171310.jpg 20200309_171324.jpg 20200309_171724.jpg 20200309_171730.jpg 20200309_171735.jpg 20200309_171740.jpg 20200309_171747.jpg 20200309_171833.jpg 20200309_171751.jpg 20200309_171757.jpg

Thanks---I must credit you with the image!! I had it floating around on my desktop and could not remember the source. It's a dreaded condition, fishbrain is!!!
I can't take credit it's out there on the internet. I found it and it matched my user name, so it seemed natural to use it.

Back