Pickled Salmon Recipe

Cracked a jar of salmon last night while visiting with the folks. The whole thing was gone in about 5 minutes! I'd say it was a hit :).

Man its good stuff...even the salmon haters licked it up......gone in 5 minutes or less thought there was a flock of sea gulls in my house...;)

Well I was very pleased with myself as I had done up several jars for Xmas--- I was expecting hero worship--- It was not to be........ a 10 yr old and a 8 yr old granddaughter popped my balloon! How it went down....

"Oooh whats this smelly stuff Grampa??" "Its pickled salmon-- dear, just like Grampas smoked salmon--- only-- well..DIFFERENT! " "I dont like it Grampa.." "But you haven't even tried it! " "But I know I wont like it... where did you put the smoked salmon? " "I give up-- more for me-- its in the fridge.."

Might of made to many bottles, if near the valley and you'd like to sample let me know

Tuna, Halibut and Salmon

Derby, I am sorry I should have offered you some today. I failed AGAIN

Last edited by a moderator:
Haa haa..... not really..still walked out with a couple treats..thank u

Made up 14 more jars today! (I think I'm addicted to the stuff):eek::D.

I tried some lemon and garlic in a few halibut jars. Ginger and lime in some of the tuna jars. The salmon I really like with just the brine and pickling spice.

I made up a couple of 250ml jars of each for lunches as well :cool:.

Back