Photo Thread

This is one of my favorite views that we get to enjoy for most of the summer. The snag out front gets lots of visitors in the afternoons that like the view as well...
The third picture is me carrying my son walking on the beach in Renfrew that just turned 14....You can see my daughter who is now 16 dancing on a log. It's our happy place and my kids have known it in the summers since they were born.

Attachments

• Morning Coffee.jpg
    Morning Coffee.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Eagle.jpg
    Eagle.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Beach Walk.jpg
    Beach Walk.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 83
Told my Dad I was installing a pod on our striper. He asked “ what’s a pod “ I explained it is a new way of installing an outboard on a boat. His answer , that’s not new , I did it on the first boat I built in 1954 !

Those old Mercs looked fast just sitting on a boat.

1709259876405.png

1709259714198.png

Weren’t they called the tower of power or something like that?
Hey Don
The old inline 2 stroke 6 cylinders, 90 and 110hp

I had the 90 tower of power , thing took forever to start but after that 1st start-up, just hit the key and away it went. Higher the rpm the better it ran.
Good ol days of firing It up at 430am in Cougar creek/China Cr with all the other 2 stroke mercs lol, only gave up after decades of use , known for salt water ate the lower cylinder out from behind the cooling plate on head, when it started to run on 5 cyl and gas started coming out the pee tube I knew it was time to retire it lol
Thanks, brought back ol memories

Hey Don
The old inline 2 stroke 6 cylinders, 90 and 110hp

I had the 90 tower of power , thing took forever to start but after that 1st start-up, just hit the key and away it went. Higher the rpm the better it ran.
Good ol days of firing It up at 430am in Cougar creek/China Cr with all the other 2 stroke mercs lol, only gave up after decades of use , known for salt water ate the lower cylinder out from behind the cooling plate on head, when it started to run on 5 cyl and gas started coming out the pee tube I knew it was time to retire it lol
Thanks, brought back ol memories
Hey Steve, yes I remember those engines everywhere. We used to waterski behind a 110 Merc on Comox Lake, just incredible power. I also remember Eddie Moncreif and his boat screaming up the lake and over at the waterski club, yes lot’s of memories, especially the clanky sound when it was turning over.

Back