Pesca Spoons

The pesca spoons have the best glow ability. Many guides, including Pac Angler use them regularly. They are really good.

Yep, have been using them and had the good fortune of fishing the prototypes to observe their performance. Simply awesome! If you fish in areas like Vancouver where water colours are variable, these spoons ROCK. Pacific Angler in Vancouver has them. This spoon is a must have when you are fishing spoons of this size.

Agree with FM.....great spoons with amazing glow to them. Have heard a few mention the paint doesn't hold up but think they may have addressed that as mine look great.

Agree with FM.....great spoons with amazing glow to them. Have heard a few mention the paint doesn't hold up but think they may have addressed that as mine look great.

They put a hurtin' on Chinook from Porlier to Neck Point for a few years now...;)

I've put the spoons away for this year as all I'll be fishing are 3 or 4 colours of hoochies and anchovies/herring...but if you're in Pacific Angler, ask the guys at the counter for the most popular colours. Ask for Jason if he's in. He'll show you the goods. It's also sold with a quality hook and there are now 3 sizes. The smallest size fishes fantastic whereas the largest one likes a little faster troll and selects the quality catch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard that all you need is a little salt water and the paint comes right off.

....hopefully those issues were resolved and new batches have a finish that sticks..

I've heard that all you need is a little salt water and the paint comes right off.

....hopefully those issues were resolved and new batches have a finish that sticks..

Long since resolved.

'Think it says on their website they WILL ship mail orders.....(Pacific Angler)

I'd like to get a few myself.......

But what they need is a chart showing all spoons with the name of them on the Pesca site (Twitter)...that way when I phone Pac.Ang, to order they'll know what the hell I'm talking about...:)

Great looking lure and very effective last year off Nootka for coho. Had a green and white version, but, paint fell off after an hour in the water and a dozen hits. I suspect they solved the issue.

If you do not know the names, send them a picture of the one(s) you want. (you could probably do it through FB as well)

Pesca_Retail.jpg

I hope they solved the paint issue....because if the paint falls off inside of an hour......they aren't going to be in business too long.......

No issues with the one's I have so it looks like they have solved it. I was just at Pacific angler. Jason Tonelli has a day off but you can call and ask for Matt. I mentioned your dilemma and he would be more than glad to help you out.

I hope they solved the paint issue....because if the paint falls off inside of an hour......they aren't going to be in business too long.......

In fairness PA returned my cash without hesitation and told me they would talk to the manufacturer. I can't imagine the paint issue be difficult to solve.

Hey Guys,

We are more than happy to mail some spoons anywhere in the world. In fact just yesterday we mailed out some Pesca Spoons to an angler in Delta and have sent plenty up to Hadai Gwaii and lots of lodges, etc. Feel free to give us a call at the shop and we can send you some spoons or anything else you need. 604-872-2204

Some history on the Pesca spoons. These are designed by an ardent local saltwater angler. The original prototype spoon blanks were pounded out by hand until the desired action was achieved and they are now stamped out in a local metal shop. They are not a generic spoon blank from China. They were originally made in 4.0 size and in the last year they have come out with a 3.5 and 2.5 size. Each size is unique in its shape and action. The 4.0 are heavier and have an amazing action on a med/fast to fast troll. If you like to troll fast, and many top rods do, the Pesca 4.0 spoons will still have an erratic side to side motion on a high speed troll when other spoons are often rolling over and not fishing well. When the currents are cranking hard and your gear is moving fast, I will fish 2 rods with Pesca 4.0 spoons and 2 rods with hootchies. This is a great way to fish Thrasher or Nanaimo.

The 3.5 and 2.5 have great action on a medium to med/fast troll. When I am fishing bait on 2 rods and spoons on 2 rods, I normally fish the 3.5 size Pesca. The 2.5 has a really crazy, erratic action and I did well when fishing it last winter. It is a great choice for aggressive fish like winter springs or when the fish are on smaller bait. Lately we have been fishing this size for Cap coho and have had some good results.

When these spoons first came out there were some problems with the paint adhering to the metal. This problem has since been resolved and they are now etching/cleaning the metal and the paint is bonding much better to the metal. They are also using a new lacquer which is very durable. You can literally take a hammer to the new spoons and the paint won't come off. If you have any old spoons and the paint has come off, Pesca is more than happy to give you some new spoons. Just drop them off at Pacific Angler and we will replace them over the counter with new ones.

Without a doubt the glow finish on these spoons is like nothing else in the local market. All you have to do is take a UV light and charge up a Pesca and other spoons like Coyote, Gibbs, Kingfisher and shut off the lights. The Pesca glows much brighter and much longer. We sell all the spoons just mentioned and I have caught plenty of fish on all of them and they all have a place in my tackle box for certain fisheries or certain conditions. Where the Pesca spoons really seem to outperform is when you are fishing deep (Thrasher, Nanaimo, winter chinook) or when fishing dirty water/low light conditions (Fraser Mouth). The glow is the key and the fish seem to like the action as well.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call at Pacific Angler.

Kind Regards,

Jason Tonelli

604-872-2204

Last edited by a moderator:
Back