Pender Harbor

totally tyee

The time has come to spend 10 days at the in-laws cabin on the water in Pender Harbor. I will be towing my boat up but I know very little about the area and all of the research I have done hasn't yielded me much. I've been in the area a few times and have heard of a spot on the east side of Lasquettie called the "power lines"?? a spot to try?? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Will be bringing the prawn and crab traps also...............................

The time has come to spend 10 days at the in-laws cabin on the water in Pender Harbor. I will be towing my boat up but I know very little about the area and all of the research I have done hasn't yielded me much. I've been in the area a few times and have heard of a spot on the east side of Lasquettie called the "power lines"?? a spot to try?? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Will be bringing the prawn and crab traps also...............................

Powerlines is actually the east side of Texada. About a third of the way up Texada.
gps cordinates 49'37.825 124'16.763
You'll see the powerlines going up and over the island. I didn't have any luck a month ago when I was up there, but only was able to get out for a few hours. Prawns were cleaned out when we were there but commercials have been shut down for almost a month so should be better. PM me if you want some more details on where to try for prawns. Couldn't find any crabs but let me know if you do.

Totally Tyee, Fishing in the Pender area isnt what it used to be... but there is still good fishing to be had. IMO locations you should fish include Bjerre Shoals, the bottom end of Texada, Sangster and Lasqueti and my favourite Epsom Point on Thormanby Island. All of those spots may be a decent run from your cabin but they are all good in the summer. Many of the "legendary" spots in the Pender area like the A-Frame I feel are no longer very good, they were well known back in the day but not worth it anymore. Coyote spoons work really well in all those areas especially with green in them like the mongoose. Prawning I cant really help you with, but you shouldnt have trouble finding crab.

Back