PEETZ Outdoors Ltd is not closing this coming fall after all

porcupine

PEETZ Outdoors Ltd is closing this coming fall. Their iconic reels, rods and tackle will no longer be available, so if you want to own any new PEETZ, best get it while it is still available. Much of their stock will be going to Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo. PEETZ's phone # is 250-383-5342.

Great brand name on the Island. They never came to the game when it came to aluminum engineered single action reels.
Wonder who owns the trade name?

I just bought a couple “steel wheels”
Their a decent reel with an awesome clicker!
True Vancouver Island classic
Sometimes those amazing clickers are just an alarm clock for the seals...... feeding time !!!! Although they just sound awsome when a big fish wants to go go go..

I think that boat must have sailed already unfortunately. Ex co workers of mine bought it years ago. I know Art was very committed as well as Marc to reviving it. I lost track after Art left years back to work on other things. Anytime any manufacturing business on island it is not a good thing. That's a hard business on this island. Seen so many close over the years.

Crappy for the employees.

Went to Peetz today to see what they have available and for sentimental reasons purchased this one . It has been over 50 years when I purchased a Peetz reel fishing planers and steel line in Brentwood Bay days IMG_7946.PNGIMG_7947.PNG. The fellow stated not too many reels left .IMG_7948.jpeg

Last edited:
PEETZ inventory clearance sale begins on Friday, August 18th at 9am at 2740 Rock Bay Avenue.

Find deals on t-shirts, hats, tackle and terminal tackle.

Sale hours are Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm.

Can't make it during these times? Call the shop at 250-383-5342 for assistance with shipping.

Sometimes those amazing clickers are just an alarm clock for the seals...... feeding time !!!! Although they just sound awsome when a big fish wants to go go go..
I can turn my clicker off on my Peetz reels. But honestly I would rather get sealed than do that :cool:. This was the strongest spring I had in 25 days fishing from Alaska border to Port Hardy this year…and yes I lost it. 🤷

Last edited: