Pedder Bay Marina theft - warning

HGislandgirl

Was on the dock at Pedder Bay (near Victoria for those that aren't familiar) and some spineless person stole our tackle box, with a 10 year collection of salmon gear inside. This happened while at the cleaning station, while the tackle box was directly behind me.

It's disheartening to know that people do this . In BC we pride ourselves on having a respectful fishing community, and some a-hole does this. Note of warning to everyone, thieves are very active and brazen..keep your valuables locked up! I don't want anyone else's day to be ruined like ours was.

Very sorry to hear that,Isl. girl.Those types of things can make a person lose their faith in humanity.Keep your chin up!
I,ve had similar things happen to me in the past that made me pretty resentful and distrusting.After a long while I got
sick of feeling that way,and had to just blow it off. Wish I would have done that alot sooner.It would have saved me a
hell of a lot of greif.

It was on camera

While I was at the marina yesterday, also noticed that they have security cameras everywhere and thankfully there was one pointed right at the cleaning table and picnic table where the crook left my bait cooler. Let's hope there is good enough footage to identify someone!

did you ever get to see the footage?..hoping you caught the squid who ripped you off

Back