Passing of Calvin Higano

Derby

Crew Member
Very sad news today with the Passing of Calvin Higano-
He will be missed bye who knew him.

FRSCS Board, Friends and Supporters,

It is with a heavy heart that we share the news that Founding FRSCS Board Member, long-time sport fisherman and conservationist, Calvin Higano, passed away in the early hours of this morning after an aggressive battle with cancer.

Calvin’s influence and contribution to our work will be long felt. He believed in working inclusively towards protecting and restoring Fraser River white sturgeon and was passionate about the role of the sport fishing community in conservation. Calvin was known by all as a strong advocate and leader in the community.

In his passing, he was surrounded by his family and will be remembered by us all.

Sincerely,

Sarah

Sarah Sugiyama, APR

Executive Director

Fraser River Sturgeon Conservation Society

#300-3820 Cessna Drive

Richmond BC V7B 0A2

778-322-7345

Sorry to hear of Calvin's passing.

He was a friend to many people through his fine work in the tackle business/guiding and conservation as well-especially for his beloved Sturgeon.

We encourage people to drop by Nikka to sign a card for Calvin's Family, sharing your thoughts, memories and condolences.

Website_Header_Left.gif

Nikka Fishing & Marine
3551 Moncton St
Richmond, BC
V7E 3A3
PH # 604-271-6332

I was very saddened to hear of Calvins passing.

Calvin had a lot to do with the way that I fish today. When I was first getting set up for guiding in Vancovuer in 1992, Calvin gave me a lot of insite into what I needed to set up my boat and tackle.

I made many visits to Nikka in Steveston to buy tackle over the years. While it was closer for me to go to other stores in the Vancouver area, I always looked forward to my chats with Calvin to find out what was happening.

I think it was 2007 when I last saw Calvin. I popped into the store just before closing and picked up some Tuna lures upstairs as they were shutting off the lights. Calvin helped me pick out a couple and did not rush me out of the store.

Nikka just won't be the same without him.

The world won't be the same without him.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

Having fished with Calvin and having spent much time sharing fishing experiences with him, this is very sad news to me. Having heard the news of his illness some time ago and noting his absence from the store for a long time--- I wondered last year if I would ever see him again. I knew his absence was telling. This is truly a sad day for the BC Sportfishing community and I offer my sincere condolences to all who knew him and his family. What a loss.

This is truly sad news.

I got to know Calvin a bit through his brother. What a great guy Calvin was, he will be missed.:(

Back