Painter’s Lodge and April Point set to sell

Gonna go out on a limb and say it's a "Vancouver based" company likely linked to a Chinese holding company. ;) ;)
Pretty safe bet. I hope Trudeau comes thru with an agreement to give China's absconded assets back to the Government.

Can't see that place making money anytime soon
Yeah I chatting with BG out on his boat a few weeks back about how so little money was put into OBMG facilities over the years; the standard with resorts is a soft reno every five years and a complete rebuild every ten if you want to stay contemporary but OBMG spent next to nothing.

Yeah I chatting with BG out on his boat a few weeks back about how so little money was put into OBMG facilities over the years; the standard with resorts is a soft reno every five years and a complete rebuild every ten if you want to stay contemporary but OBMG spent next to nothing.
Some money will to have to getspent on fish hatcheries If that place hopes
to survive

Good time to sell. Nothing on the inside going to change over the next few years. DFO set to announce another cut back, hopefully the rumor is wrong.

Some money will to have to getspent on fish hatcheries If that place hopes
to survive
If they have enough money then can survive and even thrive just like Sonora Resort has, but old fashioned sportfishing will be far from the top item on offer that ship sailed up the inside long ago.

Reactions: RBL
I agree things were bad this year and the future looks dull at the moment but the last few years has offered pretty decent fishing on the inside. I wouldn't totally write the place off. With the fishing, whale watching , wildlife , rapid and grizzly tours being offered I think they have enough diversity to succeed. Hopefully the buyers have deep pockets and renovate though. It's in rough shape.

Well they both have beautiful views, l can see some investment away from fishing and more into real estate. Condos or even another retirement living complex for the well heeled.

I heard a rumour the new owners were planning to sell off April point and keep Painters. Apparently someone is looking at a condo type thing to replace April point. They have the marina already which is a big plus. These are rumours though so take it for what it is.

Politically incorrect tourism idea. Put up RCA areas surrounding the inside passage fish farms to attract the boats of illegal fishers that usually keep the ling cod populations down in the south islands. House these new environmental tourists in painters and april point lodges until the atlantic salmon are eliminated along with the fish farms. Then the tyee will come back and the pacific salmon fishermen will return to CR.

Love the pool and spa at Painters. Ocean front rooms were great just hanging out and watching boats coming and going. Restaurants was good too. Surely will be bought by foreigners. Everyone here is broke.

Back