Paddling for some fat trout

FishDoc

[FA6aiKld_AI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA6aiKld_AI
The Thomas Cyclone in Red and Gold was the hot ticket item this morning. It was my first morning waking up at the pond. Literally crawled out of bed and headed out on the water... looks like that's what I did too. Bed head and puffy face but I had trout to catch. The morning was spectacular and the trout were biting. I love paddling on still waters in the spring. Go get them, the bite is on.

Very cool vid there FishDoc.Nice size to them too.Your very lucky to have that caliber of fishing in your back yard.Those
would be a hoot on a 5 or 6 weight fly rod!

Great video doc, sure wish I had trout like that near me. As for the Andy Kaufman thing, I'd be more inclined to go with Phil Collins from back when he still had hair......lol...hqdefault.jpg

[xBkEH8Z9L8g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBkEH8Z9L8g

Found some footage on my phone from a few months ago. Thought I'd put it together, couple beautiful really hard fighting rainbows and some cute kids. My Three Fishing Girls.

Nice vid, nice fish, nice family time. Thanks for sharing.

the Island is largely coastal cuttie habitat. not a lot of natural bows anywhere, mostly stocked. wish i could find some stocked even that size!!

There are around, I've caught lots up to 7lbs. I only fish rainbows from mid October till about April. That seems to be when the big guys feed the most, when the water temp is closest to 50 degrees.

Although some of the south island lakes(elk, beaver, Langford, fuller, etc. have big trout I do 90% of my fishing from qualicum north. Spider, horn, comox, upper and lower Campbell, buttle, etc. all have large rainbows, comox lake strain originally was of the Gerard strain to help control the Kokanee population. Fisheries did a test sain years ago and reported a rainbow over 22 lbs and numerous in the 5-10 lbs range along with big Cutts. Depending on where I go I use large flies, plugs from wee tads to 6"+ flatfish, spoons, and rapala's. Put in the time and don't be afraid to try new ideas, they are around.

Back