Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Bloodbuggy

My 2 passions are #1 fishing and #2 boxing. As an announcement could be made today for possibly the the biggest $ fight of all time, Floyd (money) Mayweather 47-0 vs Manny (Pacman) Pacquiao 57-5-2. Are there any members or not that have an opinion or prediction on who wins this fight? Or is everyone still hung up on UFC.

My bet is on Mayweather. I am also hearing he is going to pull down $100 mill just for this one fight!? crazy...

I've heard Floyd could make between 100-120 million, breaks down to around 3.3 million for every minute the fight goes. I believe that Pacquio should win this fight due to his high punch rate, southpaw stance and ability to get in and out quickly (foot speed)however I could see the judges robbing him if the fight goes the distance

if pacman was in his prime I'd pick him, but I believe he is past his due date and mayweather should win this fight. should still be a good one though.

Mayweather is the highest earning athlete in the world, year by year, and earns significantly more per year than the second highest earning athlete, Lebron James (endorsements included).

Funny part is, Pretty Boy Floyd only has to fight once a year to retain that title annually....

I believe Lebron is somewhere between 50-75 mil per year, whereas Mayweather is pushing up over 100 mil...

Unless you count the massive amount of work he would have to do out side the ring to actually be able to fight. It seems slightly less crazy if you add all the training and prepping time to that calculation. Only slightly though.

Unless you count the massive amount of work he would have to do out side the ring to actually be able to fight. It seems slightly less crazy if you add all the training and prepping time to that calculation. Only slightly though.

That's a good point thawk

no kidding. Training for a 12 round championship level fight is 100x more difficult then training to throw rubber balls in a metal hoop. Baskteball players fall to ground like little girls when hit in the face, fighters take hits every single day.

Interesting fight but sure wish they would have done it years ago when they were both in their prime.

I think Mayweather makes the big bucks because he owns the company that promotes the fight, no?

No, Mayweather doesn't own the company that promotes the fight, Showtime has rights to Floyd and HBO has rights to Manny, both guys have their own promotional companies, MP Promotions and Mayweather Promotions, but couldn't promote a fight of this magnitude by itself

Back