Pacific Northwest LNG Project is NOT Proceeding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess that's it then. A few anecdotal stories by some well meaning but ill informed fishermen proves that BC is thriving, now and into the future.

I'll sleep well tonight.

or you could believe Diane Francis's fearmongering and stay too afraid to sleep - like a grade B horror flick - your choice.

Well I guess that's it then. A few anecdotal stories by some well meaning but ill informed fishermen proves that BC is thriving, now and into the future.

I'll sleep well tonight.

Look this is last comment I am making here. You can get a point across and that fine. But talking down and saying people need to be educated etc. just to get point across really doesn't add to anything on here. Back to original post. BC is too expensive and so is Alberta on resources right now. Could it change maybe and maybe not. I worked in the oil sands so I know full well what risk building is with projects. The company took a risk made a gamble and its over.

Your points are valid within your sector ( which I assume you work in and defending) but you can't think that industry just runs entire province. There are so many other industries that generate employment as well. Its bad what has happened to industry and I get people are scared of future.

Unfortunately the new generation will need to be more educated and skilled to do a variety of jobs as things change. That is very scary for some as people dont like change. I have never been against all projects. For me like everyone else it lies with two factors: Does it impact environment and science makes sense, and will the company be profitable and ROI met. If you can't get those two to work any company is out luck in BC.

This thing is done... It has veered so far off the talk that surrounded the slight fishing related conversation that the placement of the plant might be detrimental to the fish because of potential effects on the estuary and devolved, yet again, into a gridlock of my side is right and your side is wrong pile of bull excrement. And before we get chastised one more time for being heavy handed censors, I will remind you that the majority of our members come here to discuss fishing related topics and are not interested in these threads ending up this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back