Outboard motor spacing

Kilwinning

Crew Member
Good evening
I’m currently having a pod built and I’m hoping some one can tell me or measure their’s , the minimum centre to centre hole spacing between the main and the kicker, want to make sure we have enough clearance.
2024 Merc 200 and 2014 merc pro kicker
Thanks Kilwinning.

I am hoping your builder would know that measurement? Any experienced builder who has built many should ..IMO but in saying that it all deneds on size of engines you use as you dont want them to bang into each other

Thanks Salmonkiller
That’s a measurement we don’t have , but we’ll figure it out
Wolf , the pod builder and I are building this ourselves, well he’s building it . This will be his first pod and This was one measurement we didn’t have, we’re also not doing this blind we had it laid out by an experienced pod builder.

Thanks Salmonkiller
That’s a measurement we don’t have , but we’ll figure it out
Wolf , the pod builder and I are building this ourselves, well he’s building it . This will be his first pod and This was one measurement we didn’t have, we’re also not doing this blind we had it laid out by an experienced pod builder.
Call the dealer whom sold You the engines and they can look it up. I will measure my kicker offset tomorrow

Kicker doesn’t matter as much as mains. 26” is pretty standard for twins. Are the motors going to turn together all the time?
IMG_7184.png

I hung my pair of Suzuki 140s at 26" as the manual recommended this as minimum spacing. If I was doing it again I might spread them apart a bit more as it's pretty cozy working on the insides of the engines.

Just a kicker and the main , I’m not sure if they will be married together all the time , ideally yes. Probably end up with separate steering
Brando thanks for the schematic,much appreciated ,
Thanks to everyone else also

I read your initial post wrong, thought it was twin 200 spacing. My hourston main to kicker had 20" spacing zero interference issues

Back