Open House @ RVYC (Victoria) May 30th

TenMile

Hey all,

As some of you might be aware, I am a member at the RVYC in Victoria (I'm actually the volunteer webmaster as well). The RVYC is having an Open House in a few weeks and it would be great to see some of you come down.

Details here: www.rvyc.bc.ca/index.php/club...ouse-2015.html

The RVYC is a club owned and operated by the members, for the members and is welcoming to everyone. Its a club for people who generally like to mess about in boats on the water. There is a fleet of racing boats, sailboats, powerboats kayaks, paddleboards and a large contingent of sport fishers like me.

The docks in Cadboro Bay are now brand new -- just rebuilt in 2014 and will last a lifetime (see the last photo in the slideshow on the main club website).

YouTube timelapse of the rebuild here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8WG5ZOk3Zo

The smaller outstation/marina in Tsehum Haven (Sidney) is being completely refreshed and upgraded this summer. There are slips for boats ranging in size from the low 20s to 50ft. The club is also rebuilding the foreshore area over the next year and adding a second launch ramp and additional dry storage for small boats and trailers. The Cadboro Bay marina has a 5 Ton and 2 Ton crane along with a Marine Railway for hauling out the largest boats for maintenance. It has a fully stocked tool shop, pressure washers, buffers and everything you need to do your own maintenance at a fraction of the cost of a commercial marina. It has an excellent pub with outstanding food at extremely reasonable prices. There are several cruises over the year to places like Roche Harbour and Bedwell Harbour, circumnavigation of the Island and excursions out to Bamfield and beyond. If you like being on the water and want to meet like minded families, its a good place.

Any questions on joining or membership rates etc... here: www.rvyc.bc.ca/index.php/the-...ning-rvyc.html

Hope to meet some of you there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back