Comox Parking for Boats & Trailers

seascene

Crew Member
Comox Valley Marina has new signs up in what was typically an overflow parking area (dirt) warning of tow away due to boat trailers there recently filling it up. I thought that is what everyone would like to see ... money getting spent in the town. This town does not even have a shower facility for visiting boaters except for the fisherman's wharf paid for by taxpayers but now privatized so only for paying dock customers mostly fish boats. Not much of a welcome for coastal town that promotes and brags about being coastal ... the fishing, the sailing, the boating, the lifestyle etc etc...

Last edited:
Comox does not give a damn about boaters. The ramp and parking is a disgrace. Multiple complaints have been made about the dysfunctionality but they dont seem to understand or care about how much boaters bring into the community.

Right you are Bryan. The attitude of even the formerly tax payer owned dock is blatantly anti anyone except commericals.

The dirt area I think your referring to is not over flow parking for the boat ramp. It is private property owned by the Comox Valley Marina (not the comox municipal marina)

Comox does not give a damn about boaters. The ramp and parking is a disgrace. Multiple complaints have been made about the dysfunctionality but they dont seem to understand or care about how much boaters bring into the community.
Even worse is the fuel station at the marina. I stopped in at Comox this summer and gas was $2.89 a liter. At the same time it was only $2.18 at Powell River.

Back