One million dollars

RODNREEL

If you were given a million bucks and were told you had to donate it to salmon enhancement which oganization would you give it to and why ?

The group that had the agenda you wanted to support and that needed the funds to achieve their goals.

Straight to paying wages for 5 full time DFO officers to police the Fraser River and surrounding areas. I think they have a couple boats they're not using currently...

Yeah, in the current culture it’d just mean more officers sitting in their offices filing thousands more union grievances and pay reclassifications. If that group spent half as much time in the field as they do looking for angles to work less and get paid more, the Region could get by with 1/3rd less officers than currently staffed, let alone hiring more!!

Cheers!

Ukee

Yeah, in the current culture it’d just mean more officers sitting in their offices filing thousands more union grievances and pay reclassifications. If that group spent half as much time in the field as they do looking for angles to work less and get paid more, the Region could get by with 1/3rd less officers than currently staffed, let alone hiring more!!

Cheers!

Ukee

Well it doesn't help when they don't get paid overtime for months because the phoenix pay system F'ed it all up. Altho I do agree it was pretty shallow of the Union to try to take DFO to court to say they could not make overtime or working weekends mandatory glad the union lost that one.

Is it festivist is it time to air our grievances?

Last edited:
Yeah Wildman, that’s definitely part of the problem. What kind of rocket scientist keeps going to work if they haven’t been paid in a year? Ahhh yes, govt employees. That explains a lot.

Last edited:
I would spend my million dollars producing a documentary to spread the good word about the wonderful healing effects of seal meat.
You may not be aware, but 100% of the people who eat any amount of seal meat never experience: erectile dysfunction, premenstrual cramps, cancer, diabetes, male pattern baldness, obesity, cellulite, wrinkles, or migraines.

Extensive years of intuitive based research have found that seal meat also cures all known forms of mental disorders, increase breast size while simultaneously reducing abdominal fat, and is vegan, Paleo, gluten free, keto, and carbon neutral.

I would spend my million dollars producing a documentary to spread the good word about the wonderful healing effects of seal meat.
You may not be aware, but 100% of the people who eat any amount of seal meat never experience: erectile dysfunction, premenstrual cramps, cancer, diabetes, male pattern baldness, obesity, cellulite, wrinkles, or migraines.

Extensive years of intuitive based research have found that seal meat also cures all known forms of mental disorders, increase breast size while simultaneously reducing abdominal fat, and is vegan, Paleo, gluten free, keto, and carbon neutral.
Amazing stuff really.

Bringing salmon back in the Jordan River or building a fish ladder to open up the upper Sooke River for salmon and steelhead. But really, $1M does not get you far. Buys you a decent house in Victoria, that's it.

Back